Does Anyone Successfully Use A Gardening APP ??

/ Does Anyone Successfully Use A Gardening APP ?? #1  

CADplans

Elite Member
Tractor
584 IH 4WD
I have loaded several apps on my phone for gardening,, none are even close to what I am hoping for, in an app :unsure:

One app could not do a garden over 10 feet X 10 feet,, they said "the LARGER garden app is in beta test"
well, I can not turn my tiller around in 10X10,,,,,

The others were product/seed oriented,, if you do not use their offering, plan on lots of tedious typing.

So, have you found a good app to help keep track of your garden activities?

Either I have to switch to looking for some journal app,, or I will have to get out a pad,, and pencil,,,

HELP!! o_O

/ Does Anyone Successfully Use A Gardening APP ?? #2  
I can’t imagine any reason that I would need an “app” to plant a home garden. I can lay it all out in my head.

/ Does Anyone Successfully Use A Gardening APP ??
I can’t imagine any reason that I would need an “app” to plant a home garden. I can lay it all out in my head.

I also do that,, what I am mostly hoping for is something that will help me space plantings, to provide some time between harvests,,
An example is,, 10 days ago, I planted some green beans, I will plan t more in a week, so that they all do not come in at the same time.
(we no longer "can" or "put up" garden food)

So, timing is now important to me. Actually it is sort of critical,, so I do not have 100% of my food come in over a 2 week period.

That is my hope,,

/ Does Anyone Successfully Use A Gardening APP ?? #5  
Sorry. No can help with app.

I'm a paper and pencil and wall calendar kind of gardener.
Yep. I’ve been writing apps for 35 years. Love apps, but most of life you just don’t need an app for. KISS principle.

/ Does Anyone Successfully Use A Gardening APP ?? #6  
Same. This can easily be done on paper. If you really want technology involved, use a spreadsheet.

Freezing works well for many garden veggies and less work than canning.

/ Does Anyone Successfully Use A Gardening APP ?? #7  
Same. This can easily be done on paper. If you really want technology involved, use a spreadsheet.

Freezing works well for many garden veggies and less work than canning.
Yep. We freeze, tomatoes, sweet corn, onions, peas, green beans, okra, egg plant (cooked), summer squash (cooked), potatoes just keep in a cool place. Also string white half runners with a needle and thread and hang up to dry. Dried black beans.

/ Does Anyone Successfully Use A Gardening APP ??
I'm a paper and pencil and wall calendar kind of gardener.

most of life you just don’t need an app for. KISS principle.

I totally agree, most of my gardening has been,,, plant,,,, weed,,,,, eat,,!! put up the excess.
but, changing to the elimination of putting up food has thrown a monkey wrench into my garden planning.

Last year, we had over 100 feet of rows of beautiful green beans, that were just mowed, no one wanted them.

If I could get my timing right, the garden will be WAY more productive,,
I always have my phone with me,, not so much a pad, and pencil,,,,

I have been reading up on gardening apps,, most are trying to help guide your application of fertilizer, water, etc.
The apps are also heavily into "what looks good",,,
That is not what I need,, Hmmmmmmmmm,,,,

/ Does Anyone Successfully Use A Gardening APP ?? #9  
I totally agree, most of my gardening has been,,, plant,,,, weed,,,,, eat,,!! put up the excess.
but, changing to the elimination of putting up food has thrown a monkey wrench into my garden planning.

Last year, we had over 100 feet of rows of beautiful green beans, that were just mowed, no one wanted them.

I have been reading up on gardening apps,, most are trying to help guide your application of fertilizer, water, etc.
The apps are also heavily into "what looks good",,,
That is not what I need,, Hmmmmmmmmm,,,,
Good luck brother. Personally, I wouldn’t put too much effort into writing a garden planning app, unless you’re just doing it for fun.

/ Does Anyone Successfully Use A Gardening APP ?? #10  

If you have your phone with you, you always have a pad and pencil. I use Notes in my iPhone for a lot of things. There's also a calendar in your phone so you can schedule things and reminders.