Does anyone use aw32

/ Does anyone use aw32 #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
Wondering if anyone uses aw32 or hydraulic oil instead of engine oil in there hydraulic system.

/ Does anyone use aw32 #2  
I think most people use hydraulic oil in their hydraulic systems already.

/ Does anyone use aw32 #3  
I don’t think anyone uses engine oil in a hydraulic system.

/ Does anyone use aw32 #4  
Engine oil is used as a hydraulic oil in many of the older pieces of large construction equipment and is the spec in PowerTracs.

/ Does anyone use aw32 #6  
Engine oil is used as a hydraulic oil in many of the older pieces of large construction equipment and is the spec in PowerTracs.
And many modern machines call for it. New Holland skid steers are one example. They have spec'ed 10w-30 since the LX series came out in the 1990's.

/ Does anyone use aw32 #7  
@woodlandfarms Thanks for asking! It would be great to know if there are Power-Trac owners who have used it and what their experience is.

I looked previously in the Power-Trac forum, and I couldn't find any one who did.

All the best,

Peter

/ Does anyone use aw32 #8  
Wondering if anyone uses aw32 or hydraulic oil instead of engine oil in there hydraulic system.
Nope. Still using the same engine oil in the hydraulic system that it came with 20 years ago, minus a fresh quart of Mobil1 at every 50 hour filter change. Many folks have discussed changing from engine oil to hydraulic oil over the years, but I cannot recall any that actually made the switch.

/ Does anyone use aw32 #9  
Im not an oil engineer......but I dont think there is anything in a powertracs hydraulic system that is any different than other hydraulic systems that use hydraulic oil. Pump, cylinders, valves, etc. Does engine oil work....yup. Does it need the extra additives that are in engine oil....probably not. Are you likely to see any oil related failures with either if you preform service at specified intervals...not likely. And Cost is likely very similar....about $10-$15 a gallon. My guess is some of these companies using ONE type of oil has little to do with whats "better" and more to do with stocking less oils and bulk costs. And engine oil in hydraulics probably works out better than hydraulic oil in the engines....lol.

/ Does anyone use aw32 #10  
I have been running generic Napa Hytrans Ultra in my machines for a few years now. I do not notice any difference in operation or performance.

As I think about it while typing this, I don't think I have replaced a wheel motor on my 425 since I switched it over. I used to blow the seals on the right front wheel motor at least once a year. It is very likely this is due more to the fact I flushed the hydraulic system when I replaced the hydraulic pump (and oil) more than the type of oil used. From my experience, I suspect keeping the oil clean is more important they the type used.