Does my L6060 have electronic steering?

/ Does my L6060 have electronic steering? #1  

NonTypicalCPA

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940
I noticed this weekend when driving down the road from one field to another, separated by about 1 mile, I had to continually turn my steering wheel counterclockwise to keep the tractor going straight. In that distance of a mile I made four complete counter clockwise revolutions of my steering wheel, all the while the tractor driving in a straight line. I’m guessing therefore there is electronic steering on my Kubota L6060? Anything that I need to address?

/ Does my L6060 have electronic steering? #2  
It’s not electronic. Sounds like your hydraulic steering hand pump is shot. I had to replace mine on my kubota, too.
I hear its another common kubota failure.

Mine would require constant steering correction by turning the wheel when trying to drive in a straight line. First I thought it was a leaking steering cylinder, but tested out fine. That could be the case with yours, but I’m guessing its the hand pump

Last edited:
   / Does my L6060 have electronic steering? #3  
My M7040 has hydraulic steering just like my ole John Deere!
David from jax

/ Does my L6060 have electronic steering? #4  
Either the hydraulic steering motor or steering cylinder has a leak.

/ Does my L6060 have electronic steering?
Thanks guys. Sounds like I need the dealer to come check it out.

/ Does my L6060 have electronic steering? #6  
Hydraulic steering won't stay completely centered unlike mechanical steeting with hydraulic assist you have in a road vehicle. If you rotate the wheel complelty one way, you can slowly continue to turn it. My spinner knob migrates around the steering wheel when driving straight over the course of a day.

However 4 revolutions to stay straight over a mile or so seems a bit excessive. Probably warrants a warranty trip to the dealer. Steering valve or motor is probably excessively leaky internally.

/ Does my L6060 have electronic steering? #7  
Full hydraulic steering will have drift to the steering wheel. I don't remember what the acceptable rate is. As mentioned above, check with your local dealer's service dept.

/ Does my L6060 have electronic steering? #8  
All late model Kubota's have hydrostatic steering. Sounds to me like the under the dash steering pump is leaking internally. Be apprised, they aren't cheap. Some can be rebuilt, some cannot. Check with your dealer to be sure.

/ Does my L6060 have electronic steering? #9  
I noticed this weekend when driving down the road from one field to another, separated by about 1 mile, I had to continually turn my steering wheel counterclockwise to keep the tractor going straight. In that distance of a mile I made four complete counter clockwise revolutions of my steering wheel, all the while the tractor driving in a straight line. I’m guessing therefore there is electronic steering on my Kubota L6060? Anything that I need to address?
NOT electronic. Hydraulic. NO mechanical connection between the steering wheel you are holding on to, and the front tires. Just hydraulic oil.

/ Does my L6060 have electronic steering? #10  
I’m guessing therefore there is electronic steering on my Kubota L6060? Anything that I need to address?
I am interested in hearing your experiences with electric steering.

I have it in my cars and my UTV. No vagueness or wandering what-so-ever. All Hydraulic steering in my experience acts exactly as you describe. Big equipment is even worse for vagueness and wandering.