Does Seafoam work?

/ Does Seafoam work? #1  

TNhobbyfarmer

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430 Polaris Ranger 500
If you have used it, do you think it works? What type engines have you used it in?

/ Does Seafoam work? #2  
Works for me, use it in the tractor,mower, saws, weedeater , blower, UTV & vehicles.

Ronnie

/ Does Seafoam work? #3  
I get the same results as Seafoam by keeping gas in a sealed container,,,
no air exchange, no need for Seafoam.
Keep gas tanks full,, the same effect as sealed storage.

I do not buy ethanol gas,,,

/ Does Seafoam work? #4  
I just burn ethanol free gas. Problem solved!

/ Does Seafoam work? #5  
Kerosene or diesel work just as well. For 2-cycle engines, just use a quality synthetic. I took apart a leaf blower that had been used heavily, for leaves, cleaning gutters, burning brush, sweeping sidewalks etc. for 5 years. The cylinder was bright and white glove clean, after using E0 gasoline and Red Line synthetic 2-cycle oil.

/ Does Seafoam work? #7  
For those of you in these threads that simply say "Use E0 gas" in some parts of the country that is easier said than done. I live in corn country with an ethanol plant in the same county I live in. Yea all our gas is E10. I am sure if they could get away with it they would make it E15. So other measures are needed.

/ Does Seafoam work? #8  
In my experience - absolutely. I use it especially in small 2-cycle engines, but also in the carbureted Triumph with notoriously small pilot passages and orifices. It is a strong solvent for the sort of deposits that dried out gasoline makes, and can in some cases dissolve (minor) corrosion deposits caused by the water that becomes entrained in ethanol blend fuel. I use it at about 2x recommended dosage (in the tank) when I have a case where deposits are suspected, and at recommended dosage in the gas can for long term use in everything that gets filled with the can.

I try to use non-ethanol fuel in the cans, and when I do, it minimizes the need for SeaFoam.

And I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Leinenkugels.

/ Does Seafoam work? #9  
It has worked the few times I used it. We have a 1997 Honda 300 4x4 atv we use for feeding horses and other farm chores. We use it every day, burn a tank of gas every 2 weeks. The carb and motor have never been apart. Gave me a little trouble, some rough idling and hesitation. Poured in a half bottle of sea foam, cleared up and has not re-occurred.

/ Does Seafoam work? #10  
I used a can in my truck. I won't use 8 my chainsaw or spiller stability instead