Does the XR4046 have an in-dash clock?

/ Does the XR4046 have an in-dash clock? #1  

AaronS

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4046HC, New Holland Boomer 1020
If you have a 4046, you know how easy the owner's manual is to understand. On my dash, the only thing that displays is the hour meter. I always thought it would have been so easy for them to program a clock into the bottom portion of the display but assumed they didn't, until I saw a picture of another LS model that had a similar dash display and it had a clock. Now I wonder if the 4046 does also, although I haven't found any buttons to push to bring one up. Does anyone know?

/ Does the XR4046 have an in-dash clock? #2  
I don't think they do. I've never seen one anyway. My book shows it but says not used. Several things in that cluster that are not used.

/ Does the XR4046 have an in-dash clock?
Well darn. Thanks for replying.

/ Does the XR4046 have an in-dash clock? #4  
No clock on my XR4046HC either. I have been investigating battery powered digital clocks that could be installed on the overhead perhaps with Velcro strips. My radio has a clock but I never think to look up there.

Here is one that may be worth $5 risk?

Digital Dashboard Clock and Calendar Includes Adhesive | eBay

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Last edited:
   / Does the XR4046 have an in-dash clock? #5  
No clock in the XR3037HC dash either. The manual shows each item on the dash but says clock not used where the indicator is. There are a few other items on the dash display that say not used also. I wonder why all the dash displays show it but never use these other items. I'd like a clock to be displayed and maybe the error code function activated as well.

/ Does the XR4046 have an in-dash clock? #6  
My Sony am/fm CD has a clock. I have it set so the clock is always displayed even with the radio playing.

/ Does the XR4046 have an in-dash clock? #7  
My Sony am/fm CD has a clock. I have it set so the clock is always displayed even with the radio playing.

My radio also has a clock and I wear a watch but it would still be nice if all the items built into the dash of these tractors actually worked.

/ Does the XR4046 have an in-dash clock?
My radio also has a clock and I wear a watch but it would still be nice if all the items built into the dash of these tractors actually worked.

Exactly! Why put the function there if you're not going to use it? I always wear a wrist watch too, but just thought it would be handy to have it on the dash.

/ Does the XR4046 have an in-dash clock? #9  
I have a clock on my LS but there is also a lot of features not used on the dash. It's aggravating to see the indicators for features on the dash but LS won't import tractors with those features.

/ Does the XR4046 have an in-dash clock? #10  
A lot of the features are used in Europe but not here. Instead of making different dashes they use the same one.

Eugene