Does trucking for 2100 miles cause tractor/loader bolts to loosen?

/ Does trucking for 2100 miles cause tractor/loader bolts to loosen? #1  

ecoslik

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 HST with LA854 loader and QA, top and tilt, 1 front and 3 rear remotes, foamed rear tires
I have purchased a L5740 with loader and top and tilt plus carious implements that will be coming straight from having the 400 hour service. The package is being delivered by a flatbed/semi, commercial trucking company. The road trip is a little less than 2100 miles.

Upon delivery, is there any inspections or bolt tightening that the group would recommend? I'm not sure if the vibrations of such a long road trip might cause loosening or other concerns.

Thanks for the advice! :confused:

/ Does trucking for 2100 miles cause tractor/loader bolts to loosen? #2  
I don't know of anything unusual relating to the trip other than a good visual inspection for obvious signs of damage from the chains or other points of contact. I would check under the tractor for any leaks and check all fluid levels before operation. Day to day operation will place more stress on your tractor than a few hours properly secured on a flat bed trailer.

/ Does trucking for 2100 miles cause tractor/loader bolts to loosen? #3  
Did I read this right ? 2100 miles? for 400 hour service? my goodness!

Anyway, Since you are located in texas, and it mostly flat i think, I wouldn't hesistant to check fluids and drive it around. A properly secured cargo doesnt cause issues to the cargo.

/ Does trucking for 2100 miles cause tractor/loader bolts to loosen?
Thanks for some feedback.

Well, 2100 miles JUST FOR SERVICE ... that might be extreme. I am taking delivery of the package for the first time. I bought it from a private seller that is 2100 miles away who paid to have the 400 hour service; it is done; it is now being trucked to me. No doubt that I am really excited.

/ Does trucking for 2100 miles cause tractor/loader bolts to loosen? #5  
You are absolutely going to love that thing; very powerful and nimble piece of machinery.

/ Does trucking for 2100 miles cause tractor/loader bolts to loosen? #6  
Congratulations. Look it over well and check everything, but any problems you might find are more likely to be from use or improper service, rather than trucking. Make sure the trucking company is insured against damage to the cargo and buy additional coverage if theirs is inadequate. Enjoy your new tractor.

/ Does trucking for 2100 miles cause tractor/loader bolts to loosen? #7  
Upon delivery, is there any inspections or bolt tightening that the group would recommend?
Wheel lug nuts/bolts... nothing to do with the trip, but checking their torque is a maintenance item.

Otherwise just the general check for loose hardware that an attentive owner does anyway, occasionally. ;)

Your tractor had to be shipped & trucked to its original destination, after all.

/ Does trucking for 2100 miles cause tractor/loader bolts to loosen?
Your tractor had to be shipped & trucked to its original destination, after all.[/QUOTE]

:ashamed: Your observation made me just smack my forehead.

doh!! Common sense is not so common. :thumbsup: