Doing a hyd post hole digger.

/ Doing a hyd post hole digger. #1  

Dwiz

Tractor
Kubota B 2301
Just got a couple of questions on the hydraulics for my post hole digger. Im using a 3.18 gear box with a Danfoss 6.9 cu motor mounted off the ssqa. I plan on using the power beyond from the backhoe to a valve, then to the motor. The question I have is there is three lines for the Kubota BH 70 backhoe and three lines that can be hooked to the valve P,N,T. Is line T coming off the valve a low pressure line going back to the tank? I believe the line coming back from the backhoe is a low pressure. Thanks

1642170228546.png

/ Doing a hyd post hole digger. #2  
Sure you have enough flow to spin the motor sufficiently? Don't believe the B series Kubota has enough flow but I could be wrong.

/ Doing a hyd post hole digger.
Manual says 4.7 so I figure 4. That should give me about 40 rpm at the auger bit.

/ Doing a hyd post hole digger. #4  
...Is line T coming off the valve a low pressure line going back to the tank?....
Yes, and that is the only hydraulic line that can have a "T" connector (multiple lines connected together; all low pressure return to tank.)

Thanks

/ Doing a hyd post hole digger. #6  
Manual says 4.7 so I figure 4. That should give me about 40 rpm at the auger bit.

When you get it hooked up and working, please let us know how well it works. I sold my PHD and bought a Shaver post pounder, much quicker, no backfill and it will pound RxR ties too.

/ Doing a hyd post hole digger. #7  
If you bh is end of the line maybe it doesn't have pb. You may have to grab the inlet of the bh valve.

When you get it hooked up and working, please let us know how well it works. I sold my PHD and bought a Shaver post pounder, much quicker, no backfill and it will pound RxR ties too.
I only have about 50 post to put in. The soil is clay with some rock but when its done I will post pics and maybe a video. I know alot of people have posted on what torque, speed and gpm is needed so were gonna find out. I should complete the project by the end of Feburary.

If you bh is end of the line maybe it doesn't have pb. You may have to grab the inlet of the bh valve.
Comes from the loader through the BH and to the 3 point. I installed the BH and lines and knew the blue line was low pressure just didnt know if the valve was low pressure return.