Don’t Buy A Farm Unless You Understand A few Things

/ Don’t Buy A Farm Unless You Understand A few Things #62  
Biggest consumers of alcohol too. Least around here they are. Most all the successful farmers I know are usually crocked by 5pm. Why they all run JD auto steer units. You can be half in the bag and still come out smelling like a rose.
:unsure:🥴💩

/ Don’t Buy A Farm Unless You Understand A few Things #63  
Biggest consumers of alcohol too. Least around here they are. Most all the successful farmers I know are usually crocked by 5pm. Why they all run JD auto steer units. You can be half in the bag and still come out smelling like a rose.
Couldn't disagree more. I work in agriculture for a living and travel all over North and South America and don't see what you're describing.

/ Don’t Buy A Farm Unless You Understand A few Things
Plus ... a tractor, bottling plant, winery (huge capital here), bottles, label art, gov't licenses, Marketing. (What are you going to do with 12,500 bottles of wine? (assuming it even tastes good which is not a sure thing) and WEATHER, Pests, Fungus ... The risks are huge and stacked against you. Who wants to drop a Million $$ plus into the ground.

Bloomberg said farming is easy... "just dig a hole and put the seed in" ... The more you know, the harder farming is.
The government red tape here is insane. By the the time you’re licensed, your way in the hole

/ Don’t Buy A Farm Unless You Understand A few Things
I would love to see more catfish in the markets here in the PNW. All we seem to get is Tilapia, which tastes like crap. If they up the soybean crush for biodiesel, catfish feed may get a lot cheaper. If you flood the market with catfish, I'll be a happy guy.
I agree. Tilapia is a trash fish in my opinion.

/ Don’t Buy A Farm Unless You Understand A few Things #66  
I don't appreciate your comments. None of the farmers I know are crocked by 5pm. Their day is only half done. And they run JD auto steer units for efficiency. You probably don't understand efficiency. :cautious:

/ Don’t Buy A Farm Unless You Understand A few Things #67  
I don't appreciate your comments. None of the farmers I know are crocked by 5pm. Their day is only half done. And they run JD auto steer units for efficiency. You probably don't understand efficiency. :cautious:
He needs to find a better group of friends...

/ Don’t Buy A Farm Unless You Understand A few Things #68  
You get up on the wrong side of the bed or what? I was referring to farmers around me, not you or anyone you know anyway.. I don't live or farm anywhere around you. I'm at least 1000 miles from you.

I understand a helluva lot more than you think.

/ Don’t Buy A Farm Unless You Understand A few Things #69  
I feel us slip slidin' away ............

/ Don’t Buy A Farm Unless You Understand A few Things #70  
You get up on the wrong side of the bed or what? I was referring to farmers around me, not you or anyone you know anyway.. I don't live or farm anywhere around you. I'm at least 1000 miles from you.

I understand a helluva lot more than you think.
Must be I did!
None of the farmers that I know are drunk any time they are working which is most of the time.