don't tell the wife !

/ don't tell the wife ! #11  
Re: don\'t tell the wife !

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Kubota's are nice ,but I just could not justify the extra $17,000 my local Kubota dealer wanted for their tractor . )</font>

Do you actually mean $1,700.00??? $17,000.00 seems to me we are not comparing apples to apples?? Too much difference.

murph /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ don't tell the wife !

Yes I mean $17,000 ! You would have to go there to see what I mean . They act like they have the only Tractor that is worth a Sh#!* . They have the 4 county area" Locked up" for Kubota sales and threaten to cause problems( for the other Kubota dealers in my state ) if I bought a Kubota from any other Kubota dealer and used it here at my place in California . I did check around with the other Kubota dealers and they won't even talk about selling to me ,once they knew where I live . Thats cool ! Kioti impresses me alot more than Kubota ,all the way around . I used to own a 2650 Kubota and thought someday I would go to a bigger Kubota unit with them ,but not after the runaround I got from this dealer. I am traveling 2000 miles for my new Kioti and going to visit some family on the way . Sort of a long road trip/vacation with a great big present at the end ! Besides the Kioti Dealer bent over backwards to help me get what I wanted . /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ don't tell the wife ! #13  

you sure that was an EXTRA $17,000?

/ don't tell the wife ! #14  

Wow,,, your traveling 2000 miles to get your tractor!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

RedDog

/ don't tell the wife !

Yep. California to Texas , one way is 2000 miles. But I was going to visit family anyway so it's not that big of a deal to me . I will pick up my new trailer on that end ,so I am only hauling one way . Big Al

/ don't tell the wife !

Yes , I am serious . I know it's hard to believe . Maybe I was just getting jerked around on the price , but I ain't going back to find out ! California seems to run quite a bit higher in cost on the better compact tractor brands . Kubota seems to be the king of compacts around here in my area .I do think it is a good tractor ,but Kioti really impressed me ,especially after I test drove one . To give you another example, my friend was quoted $60,000 plus tax for a JD110 TLB for use in his funeral business .I think John Deeres are nice tractors , but I don't know much about them .I don't know what they go for where you're at ,but that sure seems high to me . Big Al

/ don't tell the wife ! #17  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( To give you another example, my friend was quoted $60,000 plus tax for a JD110 TLB for use in his funeral business . )</font>

Its only high by around $20,000 +

/ don't tell the wife ! #18  

Maybe you should start a post debating who traveled the farthest distance to pick up their new tractor.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ don't tell the wife ! #19  

20K for a 110 JD TLB, I don't think so. Lowest quote around here, at least today is 55K.. Someone is selling a 110 in the classifieds with quite the number of extras thrown in,, I'd like to get that for 20K..
BigAl is right.. the (K) dealers around here are considerably higher than elsewhere.

/ don't tell the wife ! #20  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 20K for a 110 JD TLB, I don't think so. Lowest quote around here, at least today is 55K.. Someone is selling a 110 in the classifieds with quite the number of extras thrown in,, I'd like to get that for 20K..
BigAl is right.. the (K) dealers around here are considerably higher than elsewhere. )</font>

I wrote that the price was high by 20K. Not sold for 20K.
I think I recall seeing quotes given to someone a while back on the 110 in the 40K range.