don't think my rear locker is working..

/ don't think my rear locker is working.. #1  

flyingn

Silver Member
don\'t think my rear locker is working..

I was out today with my Son driving around and tried to climb a grass steep hill to no avail. Started spinning.. It looked like only 1 rear (right) side was spinning.. I had the rear diff locked..

I then locked it again and made tight tuens on the grass to se and it did not 'feel' like it was locked or left any telltale locked rear signs on the grass:( Looks like a warranty call Monday..

Frank

/ don't think my rear locker is working.. #2  
Re: don\'t think my rear locker is working..

Just a note of caution. The locker is supposed to be used for straight ahead driving. They caution not keeping it in if turning corners. Is it possible that you may have damaged it by turning circles with the tractor at one time or another?

/ don't think my rear locker is working.. #3  

You can check to see if the differential lock lever is being engaged. It's on the lower right-hand side of the transmission. Have someone sit in the driver's seat and depress the foot pedal and see if the lever moves forward. I attached a photo with a yellow arrow showing the direction it should move. There's a adjustment lock nut just in front of the lever that can be used to take out too much slack.

Attachments

• 460191-difflock.jpg
    460191-difflock.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 173
   / don't think my rear locker is working..

ok thanks LLoyd! Ill check it tomarrow..

Frank

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You can check to see if the differential lock lever is being engaged. It's on the lower right-hand side of the transmission. Have someone sit in the driver's seat and depress the foot pedal and see if the lever moves forward. I attached a photo with a yellow arrow showing the direction it should move. There's a adjustment lock nut just in front of the lever that can be used to take out too much slack. )</font>

no , no damage to the locker. Its not that fragile! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Frank

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just a note of caution. The locker is supposed to be used for straight ahead driving. They caution not keeping it in if turning corners. Is it possible that you may have damaged it by turning circles with the tractor at one time or another? )</font>

update.. Its working fine. Did some 'testing' in the rain today..:)

Frank