Draft control

/ Draft control #1  

Mickey_Fx

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar Fx24D, Cub 3204
Anyone know exactly how the sense control for the draft control connects to impliments?

Know many, most Yanmars don't have draft control but some do and it is clear that these tractors don't control draft like U.S. tractors that do it via the top link.

Here is a pic of the sense control on my tractor and is located just left of the top link. If I pull on the top of the link the 3pt lifts or settles depending upon how far the sense link is moved and positoin for the draft control that is next to the 3pt lift control.

Attachments

• draft control.jpg
    draft control.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 356
   / Draft control #2  
Looks like feedback controll hooked up to the upper lift arm.. though i would need to see a little more to the left of where the pic ended.

Soundguy

/ Draft control
Thanks for the comment but I know what the control is and how it works but what I don't know is how one would connect this to something like a plow and have the draft control function correctly.

/ Draft control #4  
It looks pretty self evident to me... the draft linkage is using the lift arm as a feeler.. if the plow tries to dive.. there will be pull on the arm.. and thus will be transmitted tot he linkage. Again.. without seeing more of the picture, I'm making a few guesses.. but that is certaintly how it looks from here.

Soundguy

/ Draft control #5  
Soundguy said:
It looks pretty self evident to me... the draft linkage is using the lift arm as a feeler.. if the plow tries to dive.. there will be pull on the arm.. and thus will be transmitted tot he linkage. Again.. without seeing more of the picture, I'm making a few guesses.. but that is certaintly how it looks from here.

Soundguy

After looking thru a bunch of books, and seeing a bunch of tractor rear ends.. I have seen a few ( mostly asain ) That also use a small rod hooke dup to an implement.. usuallly a tiller int he pics.. and that small rod was the draft feedback... again.. hard to say without seeing more of that pic to view a larger area.

Soundguy

/ Draft control #6  
Soundguy said:
After looking thru a bunch of books, and seeing a bunch of tractor rear ends.. I have seen a few ( mostly asain ) That also use a small rod hooke dup to an implement.. usuallly a tiller int he pics.. and that small rod was the draft feedback... again.. hard to say without seeing more of that pic to view a larger area.

Soundguy

That sounds like you described whats on the rear of my tractor Soundguy!

/ Draft control #7  
Mickey
We got in another tractor just like yours the other day full of options too.
Drop by sometime, I have 7F models here,I know youre like a kid in a candy store when it comes to yanmars. (me too !)
Ernie

/ Draft control
tractorErnie said:
Mickey
We got in another tractor just like yours the other day full of options too.
Drop by sometime, I have 7F models here,I know youre like a kid in a candy store when it comes to yanmars. (me too !)
Ernie
Have been wanting to Ernie but I've been so busy this season have found it hard to get away from home. Haven't even been over to BIL who is close by. Oh, by the way Woodie told ne the other day he was thingking about a chiper and was wanting to talk to you about a purchase. Not sure if he was just talking or serious.

/ Draft control
Soundguy said:

Soundguy
It might work as you describe but I'm having a hard time envisioning how the linkage would work. Seems like the linkage (between impliment and sense control) would have to be set to work at a very specific height of the 3pt and since the 3pt arm piviot around a fixed point, how the sense link would only work with down motion of an impliment and not up motion above the set heigth.

Being an M.E. this isn't rocket science but still hard to envision exactly how this can work. Like you I believe this was intended to help control tiller depth and I'm thinking more like controlling a plow. I know how the draft controls work on U.S. design where top link senses pressure on the link and applies draft compensation depending upon how much pressure is exerted on the top link. Maybe the reality is I don't care if the sense control tells the 3pt to lift if I'm lifting the impliment anyway.

My tractor also has UFO control which maintains the depth and tilt of a tiller, I don't see the purpose of the draft control.

/ Draft control #10  
That is similar as to what is on my F16D. I have had the rockshaft housing off and mine looks like it open and closes a valve that has hoses hooked to it. There is just a return loop on it now. So must of controled some type of hydraulic cylinder. I can see where it might attach to some type of implement for a sensing control.