Drifting Throttle

/ Drifting Throttle #1  

MikePA

Super Moderator
Tractor
Had TC25D, now JD X310
Do any other Boomer owners have a problem with your throttle not staying at it's maximum setting? When I put mine at maximum, about 2850 rpm, when I let it go, the throttle moves slightly, down about 100 rpm. If so, what did you do to fix it?

/ Drifting Throttle #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do any other Boomer owners have a problem with your throttle not staying at it's maximum setting? When I put mine at maximum, about 2850 rpm, when I let it go, the throttle moves slightly, down about 100 rpm.)</font>

My TC33D did the same thing when it was still fairly new. The condition got steadily worse to the point where it would drop from 2500 down to 1600 RPMs as soon as I let go. There is a friction adjustment to the throttle that will take care of it. I had mine done by the dealer when it was due for one of its regular maintenance checks.

There is a thread on here somewhere with a description on what it takes to adjust it yourself. I can't find it now, but believe it was also a TC33D.

John Mc

/ Drifting Throttle #3  
Like John said.. there is probably some sort of tension/friction adjustment.. if you poke around in there.. it will probably be obvious how to fix it. My yanmar 1700 did this.. endes up that it used a rubber disc and a washer and locknut to provide friction.. was easy to correct.

Soundguy

/ Drifting Throttle
<font color="blue"> here is the description on how to fix the throttle. </font>
Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Drifting Throttle #6  
I too have the same problem. An even easier way to tighten is to simply (carefully) pop up the flasher and headlight switch. They will come out easily with a flat screwdriver. Then you have quick access to the nut in question.

My dealer told me that some of the bolts are long enough that you can double nut them to lock it down. My is not, so I have to adjust from time to time.