Drill Press

/ Drill Press #1  

Nat

Platinum Member
Anyone want one? This is a 20" excelsior and it is free to whomever picks it up. It appears to be in good condition, just needs a motor. I put an old 1/3 HP blower moter on it and it ran fine just didn't have enough power, I expect a 3/4HP would be plenty. This thing probably weighs 800-1000 lbs and has the origional chuck key. The table can be adjusted up or down and has a power feel if needed. I bought it from a man who retired , it had been in his shop for 30-40 years he thinks. I gave 50.00 for it and it is yours free, I need the floor space. Let me know if you are interested. I'll even help load it. Later, Nat

Attachments

• Picture 141.jpg
    Picture 141.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 733
   / Drill Press
Here is a pic of the handle and how much travel there is, maybe 10-12"

Attachments

• Picture 144.jpg
    Picture 144.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 461
   / Drill Press #4  
Nat, sent you a pm couple days ago about the drill press. Come on and give me an excuse to check out your rake and other toys.
Tom

/ Drill Press #5  
**** I wish I lived in North Carolina!!!! That thing is awesome and obviously has another 30 years of life left in it!!!! What a bargain. Hope it finds a home that will use it and respect it. That's very good of you to offer this Nat!!!

/ Drill Press
Well the drill press is now in the possesion of TOMDUALLY. Tom came by today and picked it up. We spent a few hours talking about different projects we were working on and had an enjoyable time. He brought a trailer he had made to haul it on, he did a great job building it, nice smooth welds, good fits and joints and a nice finish.
I hope the drill press works for him, I know I enjoyed the afternoon spent talking to him. Later, Nat

/ Drill Press #7  
Nat said:
Well the drill press is now in the possesion of TOMDUALLY. Tom came by today and picked it up. We spent a few hours talking about different projects we were working on and had an enjoyable time. He brought a trailer he had made to haul it on, he did a great job building it, nice smooth welds, good fits and joints and a nice finish.
I hope the drill press works for him, I know I enjoyed the afternoon spent talking to him. Later, Nat

And obviously sounds like a guy who will fully appreciate the tool he has been given!!!

/ Drill Press #8  
Mornin Nat,
Real nice old drill press !!! They dont make them like that anymore !!!

Congrats to Tom ! That thing will last forever with any care at all :)

/ Drill Press #9  
Dang it! Hey Tom can you drill some holes for me.

/ Drill Press #10  
First I would like to thank Nat for the drill press and coming out to get me off the side of the road after my alternator gave up and the battery died. He brought out a battery off his tractor so that I could get the rest of the way to his house then charged my battery while we loaded the drill press and visted.
He wouldn't take a dime for all his help, reminded me of the old times when neighbors helped neighbors just because it was the thing to do, Thanks Again Nat, Now the only problem is unloading it from the trailer, Idon't have access to a bobcat like Nat but the neighbor has a John Deere with a front end loader.
The drill press is in a whole lot better condition than I could have even imagined. I will try to post up dates as I progress, I will even try to add a few pictures.