Drive train warrenty

/ Drive train warrenty #1  

Dan Lamb

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 2400h TLB/ cab
Hey guys ,
I have 2 issues , I have a small oil leak where my drive line connects to front end , also I have a odd noise only in reverse at left rear wheel , is this considered a drive train issue, covered by warranty? I'm not sure but it appease to be a seal issue , I'm no tractor mechanic by any means but just my observation, thanks guys, Dan

/ Drive train warrenty #2  
Does not hurt to try. Most of the drive train warranties pertain to internal parts. A seal is usually considered external. But you never know.

/ Drive train warrenty #3  
generally when something like this occurs Branson goes case by case because if something internal failed that caused the exterior parts to fail it would be covered under powertrain warranty, but if its just an externa seal leaking than it probably wouldn't be covered, but i never say yes or no until my mechanic looks at it to determine the failure point

/ Drive train warrenty
Thanks Asteral ,
I was incorrect, the oil leaks looks like the main seal off the bottom pulley, off the crank shaft , I had a flashlight and looked up in there and it’s dripping a drop about every 30 seconds , I called my dealer and they said if that’s indeed the problem then the warranty will cover it , I have 2 years left ,he said that’s odd with only 489 hrs on the clock . Sounds like a costly repair , thanks Dan

/ Drive train warrenty #5  
glad to hear it Dan, i always strive to be helpful if i can.