Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use?

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #31  
That was 63 years ago. Darned if I remember. I know it wasn't my father's car. He never let me drive any of his vehicles. He didn't think anybody should be allowed to drive until they were 21.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #32  
43 years ago at age 16, in a 1976 VW bug with an automatic stick shift, (3 speed manual tranny, but no clutch). Easy to parallel park. When told to do a three point turn I said I could do a U turn, the instructor said "NO - execute a three point turn". I did as told and passed on my first attempt.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #33  
76 Ford Torino

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #34  
1964 Pontiac Catalina in 1974 at 14. Got my motorcycle endorsement at the same time.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #35  
First try, 72 chevy truck, nothing powered, with a three speed on the column. Didn't pass LMAO (thing steered like a uboat).

Second try (like the next day lol), chevy citation, automatic, passed with flying colors).

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #36  
1966 Ford Fairlane 4 door. The next year I took my MC test on my 1971 Honda CB 175.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #37  
I got a waiver in driver's ed, so I didn't have to take a driver's test, just the written exam. ;)
I also had a learning permit (Oklahome, was normal license but with sticker that said 'Restriction 9') and didn't take the test, at all. No written or driving. When I moved to Tennessee, I simply traded my 'learners' for their normal license as they didn't know what the sticker meant. Joined the Navy and didn't need to have it renewed for the entire time I was in, so it wasn't until I moved to Wisconsin that I actually took a test.. which consisted of:

"Take a right out the parking lot.
"Take a right at the stop sign.
"Take a right at the stop sign.
"Take a right into the parking lot.
"Park.

For the thread, since that was my first test, I took it in a '78 Dodge Magnum like the one in the pic (not mine as it's gone now, but real close)

After that one test, all my other have been simply 'Read line 8' and 'Look at the camera'. Even the ones in Indiana.

Attachments

• Magnun_GT.jpg
    Magnun_GT.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 66
   / Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #38  
1974 Sedan DeVille. Age 14. Lost a point for turning on the blinker too soon. No parallel parking or I would have failed. Dad grew up dirt poor and Cadillac was the sign he had made it. It was used, but it was his. The only other vehicle we had was an IH Scout that belonged to the dealership.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #39  
Mine would have been in the winter of 67 had a small snow storm the night before my driving test,
Took that in a big ol 66 Pontiac Catalina wagon, actually spun the tires a bit to get through a plow berm,
spun , backed up about a foot drove through the berm tester had me drive around the block back and parked,
figured I had failed for spinning the tires , nope passed.

My CDL called a chauffeurs license back than I did through a driving school after I got out of the Marines in 74.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #40  
I took my test in a 1972 Chevy C30. It was a nice looking truck when new, but succumbed to rust in a few short years. It was a mess when my dad got rid of it.