driveway alert

/ driveway alert #1  

mikim

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC45
anybody know of a brick & mortar retailer for dakota alert? I need a driveway alarm and wireless intercom for the guest cabin and thought I'd like Dakota but I need to looky touchy. I'm old like that.

/ driveway alert #2  
More info may help with suggestions...

Do you have a gate now?
Do you have power to that location?
What is the distance from point A to point B?
What obstructions? This is important if you are trying a wireless solution.
Alarm is usually separate function from an intercom.

/ driveway alert #3  
Mike.......Call the actual company "Dakota Alerts" up in South Dakota. I have never seen one of their products at ANY store; but have been using them for perhaps 8 or 9 years now. I have 4 of their units and over the years have discussed a lot of issues and they have gone far out of their way to make me happy.

You will find when you talk to the actual people that they are totally helpful, honest, considerate, and knowledgeable about filling your need............

Good Luck......God bless.....Dennis

/ driveway alert #4  
+1 for given them a call. Great service. I purchased the murs system from an online store. Due to high weekend traffic because of a business we run the system was burning through a lot of batteries. I gave them a call for suggestions and they upgraded my system to 12v so I could use and recharge a lead acid battery. They did the upgrade and shipped back within a couple of days and didn't charge me a dime. Never asked for a purchase date, receipt, etc. Simply said send it and we'll upgrade it.

Jeremy

/ driveway alert #5  
At the low end of the scale, if you have a Harbor Freight nearby you can see one of these:

image_11813.jpg

You can find them on sale for 14 bucks, frequently. They are one of the HF gadgets that "don't suck" if you get a good one. They are not even close to the Dakota class monitors, but if the range is short they work pretty well. Also good for night monitoring of troublesome critters.

/ driveway alert #6  
At the low end of the scale, if you have a Harbor Freight nearby you can see one of these:

image_11813.jpg

You can find them on sale for 14 bucks, frequently. They are one of the HF gadgets that "don't suck" if you get a good one. They are not even close to the Dakota class monitors, but if the range is short they work pretty well. Also good for night monitoring of troublesome critters.

I bought a set of these and installed them on our driveway. They are now on my list of Harbor Freight junk that sucks! I guess I didn't get a good one. :confused:

Last edited:
   / driveway alert #7  
I obught a set of these and installed them on our driveway. They are now on my list of Harbor Freight junk that sucks!

I have the same Harbor Freight alarm and is has been working good so far. Range is less than the 300' though. I installed it in August, sun, rain or snow it still works. Was thinking of picking up a second one for the shop.

/ driveway alert #8  
I think TSC sells something like this, but not sure, I was looking at the gate openers. May check there to see what they have.

/ driveway alert #9  
Mike, Cabela's sells the Dakota Alerts in their online catalog. I'm not sure if they have a demo in their stores. You might call the store in Buda, TX and ask them at (512) 295-1100. Any excuse is a good excuse to go to Cabela's.;)

/ driveway alert #10  
Mike, Cabela's sells the Dakota Alerts in their online catalog. I'm not sure if they have a demo in their stores. You might call the store in Buda, TX and ask them at (512) 295-1100. Any excuse is a good excuse to go to Cabela's.;)

Isn't Cabela's the American Mecca. I used to make annual pilgrimages to Sidney. :laughing::laughing: