driveway monitor

/ driveway monitor #12  
I have many thousands of feet of unprotected border! lol A GATE would be kind of a joke.

Kind of as a side note. I bought some Vietnam Era Siesmic Sensors that run on two 9 volt batteries and require the receiver that came with the kit or an aircraft band receiver. I was once playing with the thing, had it stuck in the ground outside the house and detected the cat jumping off the dining room table. I do live in a concrete house, which probably figured into that a bit.

/ driveway monitor #13  
We have a Dakota Alert Murs system with (2) buried probes that is about 2400' from the house... it has been working very reliably for at least the past 4yrs we've had it. We have (2) probe because I first though we were getting false alarms as it would sometimes chime & then chime again.... I realized it could be a vehicle that entered the drive & then turned around so I added the second probe about 500' farther up. Now we receive the first notification & then the second signaling they are continuing up the drive. If they turn around prior to probe (2) we get a notification from probe (1) again... I Know it sounds complex but it has made knowing when some has continued up drive much easier...

I can't vouch for it yet but this coming week I'm hoping to get our new Solar Powered Cell Camera installed at the lower part of the driveway.... My company just became dealers for them & we have a policy of we won't sell it until we test it (/ break it) in-house, so we ordered 4 of them for testing. I'm installing one & (3) of the other guys are installing them in different locations... From what I've seen so far looks to be a unique security camera solution... Hoping its as good as it specs...

Self powered solar, included cellular Sim, the free plan includes up to 100 free images per month sent directly to your phone... We have customers that this would be super beneficial to (even with the cost of the paid plans that include some AI features).... so we are hoping that they are as good as they sound... I got to get it installed this coming week....

V2 | VOSKER | Mobile Security Cameras

They also have the more affordable & none solar powered unit...

V1 | VOSKER | Mobile Security Cameras

Again I can NOT vouch for them yet but thought I'd share the links in you like to look in to them for yourself...

What is the time delay between the unit taking a photo, and you getting it on your phone ? Seconds ? Minutes ? Longer ?

/ driveway monitor #14  
We use a Mighty Mule for vehicles and the Chamberlain motion sensors that cover North, South, East and West. When we hear the beep we immediately know which security camera to look at to see what alerted. We don't miss much and we enjoy the wildlife viewing.

/ driveway monitor #15  
I have two gates. An inner gate and an outer gate. Both are "manual". I once thought about a driveway monitor. Then I realized - I get an average of six vehicles coming down my driveway per YEAR. The monitor would die of boredom.

/ driveway monitor #16  
We are only using 4 motion sensors. 1 beep for West, 2 beeps for North and so on. The Beagle even knows which direction to look when he hears the beeps. Kind of funny actually.

/ driveway monitor #17  
I guess Im just cheap but Im using the $10 HF driveway alert. Works fine. Distance is about 300 feet. They have different channels available so you can use multiple units.

/ driveway monitor #18  
These work pretty good and you can add additioal sensors to the reciever for multiple zone coverage. If you are in the mountains with a lot of timber like we are, it will shorten the distance some, but 800 feet is no prblem at all.

Check this out at Amazon.com
1/2 Mile Long Range Solar Wireless Driveway Alarm Outdoor Weather Resistant Motion Sensor & Detector- Security Alert System-Monitor & Protect Outside Property,No Need to Replace The Battery Amazon.com: 1/2 Mile Long Range Solar Wireless Driveway Alarm Outdoor Weather Resistant Motion Sensor & Detector- Security Alert System-Monitor & Protect Outside Property,No Need to Replace The Battery: Electronics

/ driveway monitor #19  
What is the time delay between the unit taking a photo, and you getting it on your phone ? Seconds ? Minutes ? Longer ?

So the demos we saw at ISC trade-show where impressive, 30 to 45 secs... some a minute plus... but it was a trade-show environment & I'm sure it will depend on cell signal.

Like I said.... "I can't vouch for it yet but this coming week I'm hoping to get our new Solar Powered Cell Camera installed at the lower part of the driveway.... My company just became dealers for them & we have a policy of we won't sell it until we test it (/ break it) in-house".

Give me & our guys another week with them & I'll report back if you would like.... We just got them in...

/ driveway monitor #20  
These work pretty good and you can add additioal sensors to the reciever for multiple zone coverage. If you are in the mountains with a lot of timber like we are, it will shorten the distance some, but 800 feet is no prblem at all.

Check this out at Amazon.com
1/2 Mile Long Range Solar Wireless Driveway Alarm Outdoor Weather Resistant Motion Sensor & Detector- Security Alert System-Monitor & Protect Outside Property,No Need to Replace The Battery Amazon.com: 1/2 Mile Long Range Solar Wireless Driveway Alarm Outdoor Weather Resistant Motion Sensor & Detector- Security Alert System-Monitor & Protect Outside Property,No Need to Replace The Battery: Electronics

The only issue we have with these types... both motion & beam break, are if you can not look out & see the location of the device that is detecting anything can be setting it off animals, high winds... etc. Again they work well but could be alerting you to non-relevant events.