Drone suggestion

/ Drone suggestion #441  
When the wind dies down I'm hoping to try the same using a Mavic Mini and 50lb mono rubberbanded to the belly for the first stage. Anybody else tried it?
I like the rubber band idea better than tape. I think easier to control the release load. If/when I do this again, I will increase the vertical angle between my flight path and the tow line for safety.

/ Drone suggestion #444  
Well I just bought the newly released Mavic Air 2S It has great specs so looking forward to doing some aerials with it. I flew it twice today. It was quite windy and video was perfectly still. Using my phone at present for FPV but I have a Smart Controller coming early next week.
Some dealers were not even aware they were available in Australia so it was a hoot to find one in a local city store.

/ Drone suggestion #445  
Well I just bought the newly released Mavic Air 2S It has great specs so looking forward to doing some aerials with it. I flew it twice today. It was quite windy and video was perfectly still. Using my phone at present for FPV but I have a Smart Controller coming early next week.
Some dealers were not even aware they were available in Australia so it was a hoot to find one in a local city store.
I just purchased the air2s last week, and due to arrive Monday. I ordered the smart controller with mine. Ive had some cheap drones in the past. This is first expensive unit. I have some training to do.

/ Drone suggestion #446  
I just purchased the air2s last week, and due to arrive Monday. I ordered the smart controller with mine. Ive had some cheap drones in the past. This is first expensive unit. I have some training to do.

you be surprised, they are pretty easy, just try not to hit stuff, thats about the biggest thing.

/ Drone suggestion #447  
I have 20 acres with lots of trees..but I also have 10 acres of horse pasture across the street so have nice practice area. With what this thing cost, I plan on doing lots of practice there before moving on.

/ Drone suggestion #448  
i haven't looked at the air 2, I have the air 1, it does not have side avoidance sensors, never thought i would need them, but you would be surpised how often you fly sideways when filming something.

/ Drone suggestion #449  
Ive had several cheap drones, and always had stability problems. I went to a friends house that had an older mavic unit and was amazed at how steady it was. And it was a windy day.

/ Drone suggestion #450  
Ive had several cheap drones, and always had stability problems. I went to a friends house that had an older mavic unit and was amazed at how steady it was. And it was a windy day.
they will sit still in 15mph wind. i have flown mine at full speed. straight and wonder why it slowed down, when it got over head, it was pinned at 45% angle into the wind keeping it straight. I am comfortable flying it in my living room