Dry cut chop saw

/ Dry cut chop saw #1  

tjkubota93

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota bx1860
1456990511189.jpg

Anybody heard of the Evolution Rage 2 saw?
I bought one online.
Reviews were good everywhere. There are a couple u-tube videos on similar products.
This one could be had cheaper than the equivalent at northern tools.
I was shopping for an abrasive chop saw after borrowing a friends for a couple projects. I like the low rpm and less sparks idea better. All the sparks from an abrasive chop saw had me wondering if i was going to catch my little garage on fire. They show the metal being cool to the touch after a cut.

/ Dry cut chop saw #2  
I have used big ones in the shop of the company where I worked. They were great and a lot cooler than the abrasive saws but still hot to the touch after a cut. I don't know about the Rage saw but I think you will like that type of saw. Ed

/ Dry cut chop saw #3  
View attachment 459365

I bought one online.
Reviews were good everywhere. There are a couple u-tube videos on similar products.
I was shopping for an abrasive chop saw after borrowing a friends for a couple projects. I like the low rpm and less sparks idea better. All the sparks from an abrasive chop saw had me wondering if i was going to catch my little garage on fire. They show the metal being cool to the touch after a cut.

I have the Evolution Rage 2 also, bought it online. Haven't used it a whole lot but it worked very good, cut 1/2" plate easily just don't force it, let the blade do the work. The only thing I don't like about mine is the vertical handle (horizontal is much more comfortable). This saw is reasonably priced for a part time user like me.

/ Dry cut chop saw
I have the Evolution Rage 2 also, bought it online. Haven't used it a whole lot but it worked very good, cut 1/2" plate easily just don't force it, let the blade do the work. The only thing I don't like about mine is the vertical handle (horizontal is much more comfortable). This saw is reasonably priced for a part time user like me.
Cool, thanks. I'm an occasional user as well.

/ Dry cut chop saw #6  
I bought one for my boy at Christmas a few years ago from Menards. They were on sale for $140, I should have bought myself one back then also. Now they cost a lot more. We tried it out before he went home with it and it worked great. The bad thing is the blades are expensive.

/ Dry cut chop saw #7  
"Anybody heard of the Evolution Rage 2 saw? "............No, but I'll go look it up. I'm thinking of getting metal band cutting machine so I could cut harder steel. I have the standard Dewalt chop-saw, ok but that don't like hard steel either and has a lot of sparks.

/ Dry cut chop saw #8  
I have a Makita dry cut saw, I love it, had it for probably 12 years. I've gone through two blades (I'm due for a new one) and cut a lot of steel with it. I've damaged both blades by not clamping material tight enough when cutting on an angle and the blade pulls the metal in and chips teeth.

While a dry cut saw doesn't spark like an abrasive blade mine still sparks a little bit and the filings or cuttings or whatever you want to call them come off red hot and are uncomfortable to the skin so you want to keep your arms covered. They also get EVERYWHERE so watch tracking them into your house on your shoes.

It's not a true coldsaw, but they get the job done a lot better than an abrasive saw.

/ Dry cut chop saw #9  
I'm sold on them. I got a "refrubished" DeWalt saw a good 15 years ago from Northern, at first I did not use it much because as much "schrapnel" it threw, I didn't think the blade would last long and at that time, they were close to $200. I was stingy to say the least with it's use. I just replaced the blade with an Evolution blade for well under $100, I think $70-$80 (cheap enough to not remember) and it's smooth as silk cuts are sweet. My old Makita (like 20 years) abrasive chop saw sits under the bench.
Like the guy's here said, clamp your "work" tight and let the blade do the work.

/ Dry cut chop saw #10  
View attachment 459365

I bought one online.

I have one and use it for wood mainly, have cut plastic aluminum and some sheet metal.
Afraid it will wipe the blade out to cut thicker steel, so have been using the HF 14 inch cut off saw or plasma for any thicker material.

It is real handy for fast cuts especially angles.