Dual Cat1/Cat 2 quick hitch

/ Dual Cat1/Cat 2 quick hitch #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
I have yet to see this and I'm not sure why it doesn't exist. I have a few Cat2 quick hitch attachments, and lots of Cat1. The NX is kind of between the two. From my understanding, the lift-pin-to-top-pin spacing on both QH standards is the same, the only difference is the Cat2's are outboard of the Cat1.

What's keeping me from buying a Cat2 quick hitch, and welding Cat1 lift pins inside the Cat2's so I can grab either?

/ Dual Cat1/Cat 2 quick hitch #2  
Nothing?

/ Dual Cat1/Cat 2 quick hitch
How about brushing? They are cheap and easy to use... Change the Cat 1 pins to cat2.

Toplink-Toplinks | Agri Supply #11958

Welding Cat. 1 pins on for a stronger tractor might just bend them.

I think you're a bit confused on what I am trying to do... I routinely have to use bushings for Cat1 implements on the tractor.

I would like to make a quick hitch that does both. :)

/ Dual Cat1/Cat 2 quick hitch #5  
I have yet to see this and I'm not sure why it doesn't exist. I have a few Cat2 quick hitch attachments, and lots of Cat1. The NX is kind of between the two. From my understanding, the lift-pin-to-top-pin spacing on both QH standards is the same, the only difference is the Cat2's are outboard of the Cat1.

What's keeping me from buying a Cat2 quick hitch, and welding Cat1 lift pins inside the Cat2's so I can grab either?

I have no experience with a Quick Hitch, but here is a chart of the measurements on the attachment:

The lift-pin-to-top-pin spacing is 18 for Cat1 and 24 for Cat2.

3PointHitchStandardDimensions.jpg

/ Dual Cat1/Cat 2 quick hitch #6  
Try to find a discontinued Priefert hitch that is adjustable. And I've seen the the same hitch with another name. You could modify a hitch the same way.

PriefertQuickHitch.jpg

Bruce

/ Dual Cat1/Cat 2 quick hitch
Try to find a discontinued Priefert hitch that is adjustable. And I've seen the the same hitch with another name. You could modify a hitch the same way.

View attachment 481985

Bruce

Ooo, that's interesting. My concern if I had both hooks would be if an attachment's clevis ever got in the way of another category's hook.

If I made the hitch slide with a cylinder and stops, it could effectively change between a Cat1 & Cat2 on its own...

/ Dual Cat1/Cat 2 quick hitch #8  
Subscribed. My MX has the same setup so definitely interested in what you come up with. So far I've just modified the attachment to cat1.

/ Dual Cat1/Cat 2 quick hitch #9  
Look at xfaxman's post. It's your lift arm spread that will be your biggest issue. Only option I can think of its Pat"s system as it allows you to adjust the spread. I'm in same boat and my quick hitch is cat 2. Only works on my disc and 8' rotary cutter... Not my box blade or sub soiler and obviously not my PHD

/ Dual Cat1/Cat 2 quick hitch #10  
Ooo, that's interesting. My concern if I had both hooks would be if an attachment's clevis ever got in the way of another category's hook.

If I made the hitch slide with a cylinder and stops, it could effectively change between a Cat1 & Cat2 on its own...

Another view:

priefertquickhitch3.jpg

Bruce