Dual Direction Blades on Near Finish Mower?

/ Dual Direction Blades on Near Finish Mower? #1  

Gadgetnut

Silver Member
Tractor
Walker Mower MD (Kubota,) BobCat ToolCat 5600 Turbo rev. C, John Deere tractor
Are the blades on the Bobcat near finish mower bi-directional, i.e. can you reverse the flow and mow with them rotating in the other direction before you resharpen? And are the blades easy to take off and sharpen? After how many hours of mowing do you resharpen? I probably have 25 to 30 hours on my blades and I notice less efficient cutting-- on the other hand, maybe grass is growing fuller now that it's summer?!

/ Dual Direction Blades on Near Finish Mower?
Are the blades on the Bobcat near finish mower bi-directional, i.e. can you reverse the flow and mow with them rotating in the other direction before you resharpen? And are the blades easy to take off and sharpen? After how many hours of mowing do you resharpen? I probably have 25 to 30 hours on my blades and I notice less efficient cutting-- on the other hand, maybe grass is growing fuller now that it's summer?!

/ Dual Direction Blades on Near Finish Mower? #3  
The blades are uni-directional and have a 'wing' on them to create lift.

Not sure if the momentary switch (versus the continuous trigger) would spin the blades backwards but I am sure the quality of cut would be poor (see first statement).

I have two sets of blades for my 72" mower. Have yet to change them but probably should soon. Looks very easy to do. I don't have a feel for the time between sharpening yet. I am sure it will vary based upon what you are mowing too.

dsb

/ Dual Direction Blades on Near Finish Mower? #4  
The blades are uni-directional and have a 'wing' on them to create lift.

Not sure if the momentary switch (versus the continuous trigger) would spin the blades backwards but I am sure the quality of cut would be poor (see first statement).

I have two sets of blades for my 72" mower. Have yet to change them but probably should soon. Looks very easy to do. I don't have a feel for the time between sharpening yet. I am sure it will vary based upon what you are mowing too.

dsb