Dual Rear wheels

/ Dual Rear wheels #32  
Hello I just found this forum and looks like a great place for information with me being knew to tractprs. I have a mahindra 1626 HSE that I woulkd like to put dual rear wheels on. I cannot find really any info on how to do it on the internet was wondering if anybosy has some info on kits rims what I would need. Thank you in advance. Joe
I'm curious, do they even make duals for a 25hp subcompact? Why are you considering doing this, stability, compaction? It seems to me that with the small weight of this tractor it wouldn't be compaction, and stability might be better by just using spacers on the rears - maybe I'm missing something though.

/ Dual Rear wheels #33  
This is one of the most interesting and fun threads I've seen for a while. On the side of a steep canyon I've long wished to have a Bobcat type of machine - not just for stability but because of ALL the various attachments. Heck, there are probably attachments to make concrete blocks if you look deep enough.

If only money didn't come into play.

/ Dual Rear wheels #34  
I love how the op when from one extreme to the other, small tractor to large track loader. I've rented a tl12 a few times it's a beast!

/ Dual Rear wheels #36  
I found a set of new tires and rims on eBay for a reasonable price. ($600 + shipping) They were the same size as the rear tires on my tractor. I made my own "kit". I had the local steel supplier roll 2 steel bands the correct diameter (around 20") for my rims. I think they are about 8" wide. I made two loops that I bolted to my hubs and used 1" ready rod (all thread) with a hook on one end and a large homemade washer to hold the duals on. I found I had to use reverse thread on the right side as the dual tended to loosen off if I spun my tires.

The duals get used for stability. I mow a lot of ditches and it's nice to not be concerned with tipping over. You know your on the edge when you need to lift the mower slightly to pull the top wheel back down so you can keep moving.

I don't like the idea of spacers as my tractor is wide enough the way it is. My 955 was a lot narrower.
I added 2" spacers from Bro-tec to my BX and per Instructions put red lock-tite on the spacer to tractor and have had no problems yet. Nice spacers custom made from aluminum. Also take a look at the mowers that mow the sides of the highway. They all run duals for stability.

Last edited:
   / Dual Rear wheels #37  
Doesn't make much difference if it is on the uphill side, until it's past the vertical center of gravity. by that time, the tractor has already tipped over.
Check out this about adding duals to a tractor.

/ Dual Rear wheels #38  
50% fill gives the lowest center-of-gravity. Once fill is over 50% your are adding ballast ABOVE the axle.
You are saying wheel weights decrease stability. Thats like saying all the weight the tractor has above the axle is reducing stability. Center of gravity is a balance point, front to rear or left to right. You mean tipping point? Tipping point varies with angle and width.

/ Dual Rear wheels #40  
A quick review of my M6040 operators manual reveals this - - "Dual tires are not approved". No explanation. I would surmise - the added stresses on many components is just not a good thing.