Duel fuel

/ Duel fuel #1  

jdmeth

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 1023E Kubota 7100D
I have a Westinghouse 9500 watt duel fuel generator. A year ago when it was new I put about a gallon of gas in it and ran it for an hour and then shut off the fuel so it ran out the carburetor. Every few months I would run it for a few minutes. A few months ago I needed it for a power outage. I put some fresh gas in it and it ran for about five minutes under load and died. It would fire but not continue running. Figuring the carburetor was clogged I hooked up a LP tank. It ran about 15 seconds and died again. Again it will fire but not continue running. Any ideas?

/ Duel fuel #2  
I have a Westinghouse 9500 watt duel fuel generator. A year ago when it was new I put about a gallon of gas in it and ran it for an hour and then shut off the fuel so it ran out the carburetor. Every few months I would run it for a few minutes. A few months ago I needed it for a power outage. I put some fresh gas in it and it ran for about five minutes under load and died. It would fire but not continue running. Figuring the carburetor was clogged I hooked up a LP tank. It ran about 15 seconds and died again. Again it will fire but not continue running. Any ideas?
Yep.....suggestion!
Get a dual fuel generator.
Your fuel may be dueling with the generator engine.

Last edited:
   / Duel fuel #3  
I am not really familiar with that unit, but seeing as how it shut down on both fuels, maybe there is a problem with the generator output. Is it being over-loaded or perhaps the mains/standby switch is not working.

/ Duel fuel #6  
Might want to check yer coil, some times a bad one will run till it gets warm than craps out
BTDT...................

/ Duel fuel #8  
Does not run at all, just revs enough to disengage starter.
As suggested, check the low oil/ low oil pressure sensor. Found my Generac doing this and turned out to be the oil pressure sensor was clogged. Badly designed sensor appearently as a lot of people had the same problem. I just ended up bypassing it.