Dug Up Phone Line.... What next?

/ Dug Up Phone Line.... What next? #72  
A couple of years ago I had trouble with my phone service and the phone Co. had to run a new line from their pole to my home.
They just left the line on top of the ground and said they would be back in a couple of weeks to bury it . It was there on the lawn most of the summer all through winter and most of spring before they came and buried it.

It was a real pain to mow around it .
Once my wife cut it in to when she didn't see it .What a mess that was getting it unwound from the mower blades. Phone company fixed it no charge.

/ Dug Up Phone Line.... What next? #73  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( A couple of years ago I had trouble with my phone service and the phone Co. had to run a new line from their pole to my home.
They just left the line on top of the ground and said they would be back in a couple of weeks to bury it . It was there on the lawn most of the summer all through winter and most of spring before they came and buried it.

It was a real pain to mow around it .
Once my wife cut it in to when she didn't see it .What a mess that was getting it unwound from the mower blades. Phone company fixed it no charge.)</font>

If that were me, I think that after a couple of weeks of it being cut weekly, they would be by to bury it. G

/ Dug Up Phone Line.... What next? #74  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(

If that were me, I think that after a couple of weeks of it being cut weekly, they would be by to bury it. G )</font> Sometimes I may have to much patience, but when I run out I can be lethal.
LOL

/ Dug Up Phone Line.... What next? #75  
All this talk about us cutting their lines; now what about when the shoe is on the other food and they damage or interfere with our lines?

/ Dug Up Phone Line.... What next? #76  
I can only speak about natural gas companies in North Carolina and Georgia. If we damage anything belonging to the homeowner, we either repair it ourselves or pay a contractor to make the repairs. Alot of times, we end up paying for things we didn't tear up, just to make the homeowners happy. Like everybody has already stated, CALL BEFORE YOU DIG! It is the law. Our locators are not allowed to give any depth readings to anyone. Depth readings are not accurate. Most natural gas mains (running parallel with the roads) are buried at least three feet deep. Service lines to the house are usually 12 to 18" deep. We own the gas lines up to the meter. The customer owns the lines after the meter.

/ Dug Up Phone Line.... What next? #77  
When the phone company buried the drop line from their pole to my house they crossed my drainage pipe twice with the cable burying machine. There was no need for them to cross the drain pipe.
I don't know if they cut the drain pipe in to both times they crossed it or not.
Any way I need to replace the pipe and get the phone line completely away from the area of the drain pipe.
I want the phone company to run a new cable and bury it where they should have buried it in the first place.

I don't want to fool around with trying to work around the buried phone line in 2 different places when I go to replace the drain pipe.
I see no object in trying to protect a phone line that was installed wrong in the wrong place and needs replaced in the right place anyway.

I marked out where all my lines were except the location of the drain pipe for the phone company.
I didn't mark the drain pipe because the phone company had no business in that area of the yard anyway
I also marked out where I wanted them to bury the cable.
They ignored the markings of where to bury the cable and instead they ran the cable in another path which was in an arc right trough my drainage pipe in two places.
By doing the ark thingy they also went across my water line twice.
Had they buried the phone line where I told them to bury it they would never have had to cross ether the water line or the drain pipe.
Who wants to fight the hassle of working around 4 phone lines buried across the water line and the drain pipe when they go to maintain or repair the drain pipe or water line?
Wonder why I laid it all out for the phone company before they buried the phone line LOL!

/ Dug Up Phone Line.... What next? #78  
Phone company left mine on top of the ground, across the dam etc. When one of my sheep got wrapped in it one HOT afternoon, I came home to find it dead, wrapped up in the phone line.
I called the phone co and told them to come bury it and pay me for my sheep. 70.00 They did, then the phone guy asks me what I'm going to do with the dead sheep. I said nothing, you are, I don't care if you have to tie it to the back of the phone truck and drag it off. That's exactly what he did. Big phone bucket truck going down the road with a dead smelling sheep behind it. I'm sure it got cut loose in a ditch down the road somewhere....

BTW, I had put a posthole digger thru it was what started all this. Of course, I tell the phone people if they can't put it lower than a coupla inches, it's thier problem when I cut it. I've since cut it again driving a t-post in the ground. Unfortunatly, it does NOT run in a straight line...
Anything below freeze line is my fault. Anything above is thiers... IMHO