Dumb Newbie Question: whaddya think about using a 5-tine cultivator…

/ Dumb Newbie Question: whaddya think about using a 5-tine cultivator…
Think about a ripper!
Oh, I think about a ripper, a bucket, a woodchipper, a belt adapter, a thresher, a sickle-bar mower—— I think about a lot of things! I also think about how much they will all cost…🤣😂

/ Dumb Newbie Question: whaddya think about using a 5-tine cultivator… #12  
Oh, I think about a ripper, a bucket, a woodchipper, a belt adapter, a thresher, a sickle-bar mower—— I think about a lot of things! I also think about how much they will all cost…🤣😂

If it’s just vines and so on to remove bolting four pieces of tubing to the bottom of the bucket works well for ripping things out. Heavy old truck springs also work. Dig in the teeth at a shallow angle and use the curl and forward movement to break things out.

Extend the bolt on’s a bit and they work well for transporting logs.

Not an expensive revision.

Last edited:
If it’s just vines and so on to remove bolting four pieces of tubing to the bottom of the bucket works well for ripping things out. Heavy old truck springs also work. Dig in the teeth at a shallow angle and use the curl and forward movement to break things out.

Extend the bolt on’s a bit and they work well for transporting logs.

Not an expensive revision.
But I don’t have a bucket… I have to do everything off the three-point.

/ Dumb Newbie Question: whaddya think about using a 5-tine cultivator… #15  
The best way to find out is try. Nothing wrong with using what you have. It may not help much but you never know.

/ Dumb Newbie Question: whaddya think about using a 5-tine cultivator… #16  
Was wondering the same thing about the bucket. If you are going to use it like a rake, just allow it to get what it will get if you want to keep it in working order. I do some of what you are talking about with a blade on a handheld trimmer. I have also recently found that the Stihl Kombi's hedge trimmer attachment is the closest thing to a light saber that I may ever own. It makes extremely quick work of spaces like that so you can walk around and possibly use other tools if necessary. Boxblade with rippers down may also be a better bet, not sure you have that at your disposal either.

/ Dumb Newbie Question: whaddya think about using a 5-tine cultivator… #18  
Since you have C- style shanks they will drag some vines out but next problem could be getting those vines out of the cultivator. I know they will drag tree branches and wipe out corn rows very effectively…

Since you have C- style shanks they will drag some vines out but next problem could be getting those vines out of the cultivator. I know they will drag tree branches and wipe out corn rows very effectively…
That is what hatchets and pruners are for 😁