Dump trailer/wagon; what to buy?

/ Dump trailer/wagon; what to buy? #1  

DMF

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1552 Cab Model
Well, I finally bent my Country Manufacturing dump wagon to the point where I need to sink some considerable time and/or money to get it working again and I've come to the realization that it it just too light duty for what I ask it to do. I would like to get something heavier-duty and I am thinking that I would like a non-wagon model this time; either a heavy single or rear-mounted tandem axle would be better and easier for me to back into the places I need to get to. I've done some searching but have found only similar light duty models or extreme heavy duty models, but nothing in between.

I have a Massey Ferguson 1433V which is 33 hp, 4WD. I would like this trailer to be road-capable as well. Something along the lines of what the Brit's call a "tipping trailer" seen here behind an older MF tractor:

http://fergusont20.googlepages.com/DSCF025446354646s.JPG/DSCF025446354646s-full;init:.JPG

Any suggestions as to where I should look would be appreciated. Somewhere with a New England distributor (I'm in Massachusetts) would be even better!

Thanks!

/ Dump trailer/wagon; what to buy? #3  
The trailer you pictured is NOT road legal...

I'll second these guys...:D
Email them for a US dealer...
Pronovost- Dump trailers - Highway service

If you don't need a road legal...check out their OFF ROAD trailers...definitely HD...:D

/ Dump trailer/wagon; what to buy? #4  
PaulChristenson said:
The trailer you pictured is NOT road legal...

I'll second these guys...:D
Email them for a US dealer...
Pronovost- Dump trailers - Highway service

If you don't need a road legal...check out their OFF ROAD trailers...definitely HD...:D

My link was just an example. I know it is not road legal. If you go to the Nichols site they have plenty of road legal trailers and will build one to your specs. Did you even look at the site??

/ Dump trailer/wagon; what to buy?
Thanks for the tips guys; keep them coming!

Just to clarify...I asked for road-capable; not nescesarily road (or better yet, highway) legal. :)

This is to be intended to be towed behind my tractor which occasionally does travel down the road but only at around 30 MPH, so highway legal is not needed.:)

I had never even thought of Nichols; I've seen their ads in the Northwoods Sporting Journal for their ATV trailers....

So far, the Pronovost off-road trailers look to be exactly what I am looking for. Of course, I need to find a US distributor and hopefully an affordable price!

Any other suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

/ Dump trailer/wagon; what to buy? #6  
From Pronovost web site:

----------
P-503H
GVWR 3 000 lbs (1362 kg) - 50" x 69.5" (1270 mm x 1765 mm)
Tandem axle, spring suspension, lights
4 tires (18.5 x 8.5 x 8) 4 plys
1 double action cylinder
-------------

I found this overengineered, so, unnecessarily expensive.
Payload capacity is less than 1.5 tons (3000 lbs only) and the trailer has tandem axle with 4 tires.

I made this trailer below (see attachment.)
Its payload capacity is 2 tons (4500 lbs.)
Single simple axle, 2 tyres, no spring, etc.

I don't know their price of this trailer of Pronovost, but, I guess mine is much cheaper. Don't know why Pronovost made such an overengineered trailer.

Attachments

• mini-tip-trailer.gif
    mini-tip-trailer.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 185
That is exactly what I am looking for and what I have asked Pronovost to quote (model P-509-60); theirs is rated for 4 ton GVW.

Do you make yours to sell? The picture you posted looks like an ad.

/ Dump trailer/wagon; what to buy? #8  
No, not an ad. We made hundreds of this small tip trailer for a Europian company.

So..... are you still making them? Can I get one?

/ Dump trailer/wagon; what to buy? #10  
We still make them (actually, similar ones), but, sell to dealers only (I am located in Turkey.)

I mentioned about my trailer not to sell it here, mentioned just to give you an idea that maybe, your need is a simpler one instead of overengineered one. If your need is around 4 tons, then, two axles will be better, of course. But, if your need is less than 2 tons, 2-axles is unnecessary. Lighter version (like mine) will cost much less.