DX 55 Control Valve Leak

/ DX 55 Control Valve Leak #11  
{So please do not tell someone that it can't be fixed without knowing for sure what type of valve that they might have. }

I apologize for making such a flat statement, but it is probably true.

I probably should have said fat chance on a worn spool if they even have o-rings..

You said your first o-rings leaked, so how many times do you attempt to do the o-ring thing.

So after some trial and error, you found some o-rings that would work.

Does that mean that he can find some o-rings that will work, or can you recommend some o-rings that will work.

These fix-a rounds just might work for you. Are you recommend the o-rings you found to fix his valve spool?

Maybe you should let Prince know that their o-ring kits don't work, but your o-rings does work.

I do work arounds myself, and if it works, I tell other people, andalso tell them you take your chance.

So you are saying that Case installs warn out valves? His rear remotes had never been used up until he got his top & tilt set. They are not warn out. Either poor quality, (probably the case) or it is simply something as simple as a bad seal.

As far as Prince valves go, they are a big company, they can deal with their problems as they see fit. I deal with their problems by simply not using their product, problem solved, for me anyway. ;)

/ DX 55 Control Valve Leak #12  
The machine is 2007 and I don't know how the valve were used.

If the valves have o rings and he wants to try that, then so be it.

To be more clear, is he sucking air around the o-rings and letting the cyl drop, or sucking fluid around spools that has less that ideal tolerances on the spools.

I don't believe Case sells worn spools, but there is a tolerances for leakage, by drops per minute that is used as a guide to replacement.

They, the dealers are not going to do the test unless you holler, cry, ***** about the leak down. If it is under warranty, they should replace the valves.

He can replace the O-rings or replace the valve , his choice.

I really don't have much more to say about this thread.