DX45 w/Cab - questions on purchase

/ DX45 w/Cab - questions on purchase #1  

jk96

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060
Sorry for posting in blue - but my red site just doesn't get much traffic :( Getting ready to pull the trigger on a deal I've been working on. Just wondering if I'm forgetting something I might wish I added down the road.

Tractor - DX45 w/cab, loader w/quick attach, two rear remotes, loader mounted hydrolics, hydro trans, rear windshield wiper. Anything I'm missing?

Couple of other questions as well - anyone know if there is a self leveling option available for the DX (NH) loader similar to JD 400cx loader? Sure would be nice for loading pallets.

Also, anyone with supersteer on their NH? Could you get by without it now? Just curious since the closest TC price I was able to get with the supersteer option and all other options the same was $3100 more. Just don't think a $1300 option is worth $3100, especially since right now I won't know what I'm missing.

Thanks for any comments.
jk

/ DX45 w/Cab - questions on purchase #2  
jk while I don't often reply I can answer your question.
Is super steer a keeper? I've had this tractor since new. 2 yrs and I'm still getting used to the SS. Could I be happy with out SS? yes. Have I used SS as it was meant to be used tight places? Yes every day. So the answer is not "if" you'll use it, or "when" you'll used it, but how much time does it save "by" using it.
Hope this helps
Chuck

/ DX45 w/Cab - questions on purchase #3  
jk96 said:
Tractor - DX45 w/cab, loader w/quick attach, two rear remotes, loader mounted hydrolics, hydro trans, rear windshield wiper. Anything I'm missing?

Couple of other questions as well - anyone know if there is a self leveling option available for the DX (NH) loader similar to JD 400cx loader? Sure would be nice for loading pallets.

I would suggest the grill guard. It's worth every penny you will spend for it.

What do you mean by "loader mounted hydraulics"? Is that the 3rd function kit with a button on the joystick for a grapple or other front hydraulic implement? If it hooks to the rear remote, I'd go ahead and get the third remote so you can have all the remotes you'll need to add TnT in the future. Is that your plan?

Are you just getting the regular loader bucket with your quick attach? Did you order a toothbar or cutterbar? Both of those are great options.

The New Holland loaders for the Class III Boomers do not have auto-leveling as an option.

I don't have SuperSteer and I don't miss it. That wasn't really your question, but I've never felt I needed to turn more tightly than I can without it. I would not pay an additional $3100 to get it as an option. I'd spend that money on other goodies, maybe a quick-attach grapple.:)

/ DX45 w/Cab - questions on purchase #4  
I have the supersteer option, and I like it. I would not have paid 3100 for it, but I would have paid 1300. I don't know if the regular steering comes with the auto 4wd(sensitrak), but that is worth the 1300 by itself.

There are 3 main differences(possibly advantages, depending on perspective) for the SS option.

1) The wheel base is longer.
2) The steering radius is tighter.
3) The front end moves side-side by a couple of inches when the steering wheel is turned(opposite the direction of the steering).

Both 2 and 3 are beneficial in my circumstances. I use the tractor to precision move equipment, and the side to side movement when stationary is very useful. I could see where some could find the movement very annoying.

Chris

/ DX45 w/Cab - questions on purchase
Thanks for the replies.

Jimman, yes - I was talking about the 3rd function kit with a button on the joystick for a grapple. I understand that to utilize a tnt along with a grapple at the same time, I would need a third remote. I just assumed that if using a tnt for dirt work, I would normally use a regular bucket on the loader. I guess a 3rd remote would allow me to keep the tnt hooked up at all times. Can you describe any other time when a 3rd remote might be necessary?

I do have a 66" box blade, pallet forks, & skid steer tooth bucket for my current DX33. I plan on keeping them. The tooth bucket is only 61" outside to outside so it won't quite cover my tire width but should get me by for the moment. Good idea on the grill guard, I'll get it added. Thanks.

I think for the price I'll stick with red and go without the supersteer. The regular steering does not come with the sensitrak, but 4 wheel drive is easy on and off. I do like the idea of how the sensitrak auto engages, especially to help with turf and tire damage and wear.
jk

/ DX45 w/Cab - questions on purchase #6  
jk96 said:
I was talking about the 3rd function kit with a button on the joystick for a grapple. I understand that to utilize a tnt along with a grapple at the same time, I would need a third remote.
jk

If you have the 3rd function kit, you will not need another remote to run a grapple and the TnT. Your joystick will take care of the grapple; you are "set" with just two remotes.

Since your bucket is a skid-steer style, it is plenty wide at 61". The long skid-steer buckets really take a lot of breakout power. I don't think I'd want a wider one. I have both a 72" and 60" NH heavy duty bucket. I use both of them regularly depending on the job. It sure is easier to dig with that 5" bucket.

If you have the 3rd function kit, you will not need another remote to run a grapple and the TnT. Your joystick will take care of the grapple

Jinman, I talked to my dealer this morning and added a 3rd remote. I asked him the same question about the ability of the joystick to run the front remote for a grapple. He said it was only available on the larger tractors. That the front hydrolic remote would run off of a lever same as the other two remotes. Hence, I would have three levers, one for each remote, but nothing on the joystick. Now I'm confused :confused: Is this option added to the joystick when ordering the tractor with the front mounted valve (3rd function kit)? I went ahead and ordered the tractor today, but want to make sure that I get the grapple function on the joystick if available. Thanks for any info.

Also, yes the 61" bucket I've got is a skidsteer style from Markhem Welding. It's a bit too much for my DX33 but should work nicely on the bigger machine.

jk

Last edited:
   / DX45 w/Cab - questions on purchase #8  
I just bought a tc45 with a cab and the only thing I didn't get from the factory/dealer was a radio. I bought one at the store and put it in myself. I paid just over a hundred dollars for my radio/cd player and it was a pain in the butt to put it, not like a car. After I got the tractor home I called the dealer and they said they would have installed a jensen cd player(thats what new holland offers though the dealers) for $180. If I could go back I would have just paid them to put their radio in. I knew the tractor came pre-wired for a radio but I didn't know I could order one from my dealer and have them install it. I know a radio is a very minor thing but if your already spending 30 plus thousand dollars whats a couple hundred bucks more hurt?

/ DX45 w/Cab - questions on purchase #9  
jk96 said:
Jinman, I talked to my dealer this morning and added a 3rd remote. I asked him the same question about the ability of the joystick to run the front remote for a grapple. He said it was only available on the larger tractors. That the front hydrolic remote would run off of a lever same as the other two remotes.

I think your dealer is talking about an OEM grapple kit from NH that puts a diverter valve on the loader. The TC-45 kit from NH uses a remote valve and long hoses. Many dealers will install a 3rd party valve for folks, but if your dealer has never done it, you are probably better off going with the third remote. I have the third remote and leave hoses installed all the time to my loader so I can attach my grapple when needed. 1/4" hydraulic hoses are all you need. My hoses have quick connects in them at the loader posts where the other quick connects are installed so I can take off the loader and not have to remove the hoses in back. I disconnect right where the loader normally connects.

Jinman and others,

Thanks for the replies and info. Ordered the tractor today. 3 rear remotes and also have my dealer looking at a diverter valve for the front with joystick control similar to a another TBN members DX. I'll see what he comes up with. Tractor may be in by the end of the week. Remotes, loader and add ons will probably take a little longer. Backyard, thanks for the tip on the radio, but I think I'll stick with my mp3 player and headphones for now. Earbuds should help quite the hydro noise mentioned.

jk