Dye for Herbicide...see where you've been

/ Dye for Herbicide...see where you've been #1  

Redbug

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830HST
I go through a quite a few gallons of Roundup each year. Sometimes it's difficult to see where you sprayed when doing a large area and wind up spraying the same area twice or have overlap. A friend of mind suggested using agricultural marker dye in the herbicide. So I ordered some. I can see everywhere I spray, now! Good idea! 1/2 oz or a little less per gallon. It's handy to have a good easy measuring/pour container handy for the dye...

Welcome to PondDyes.com- The Source for Pond Dyes - Welcome to PondDyes.com- The Source for Pond Dyes

Attachments

• Roundup Dye 6-04-2008 001.jpg
    Roundup Dye 6-04-2008 001.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 318
   / Dye for Herbicide...see where you've been #2  
Absolutely!!! Saves on expensive herbicide. Best when doing hand applications, IMHO, rather than broadcast spray. YMMV

/ Dye for Herbicide...see where you've been
They also have a red color...Go Dawgs!

/ Dye for Herbicide...see where you've been #5  
Ad says it won't permanatly stain hands or equipment. I have a 60 gallon poly tank that I like to keep clear enough to see the amount of liquid inside.
Let us know how it works.

/ Dye for Herbicide...see where you've been
Hi Regal,

The stain does fade with time. The literature says 48 hours or so when exposed to sunlight (UV), rain. If rain is involved, I expect the time will be shorter. No rain, just sunlight the stain will last longer. Everything washes down well when you hose down the tank. Just the slightest tint on the inside. I suppose if you used one of the cleaning solutions used for ag use it would probably take it out. I do believe that you will save money in the long run using dye in your solutions.

/ Dye for Herbicide...see where you've been #7  
I am trying this stuff this year:

2HL.QTS HI LIGHT BLUE INDICATOR F/ SPRA - Agri Supply

"Hi-light Blue Indicator" about 5 oz works well in 15 gallons of spray on ground (Roundup on driveway edges etc)... can't really see it on grass (2,4,d for dandelions etc) probably could see it if you used a lot but it gets pricey. I bought it at my local farm and ranch place. So far it seems to come off/out of everything.

/ Dye for Herbicide...see where you've been #8  
I use a product manufactured by Red River Chemicals, it's a blue dye and man it is REALLY blue. 2 oz in fifteen gallons marks well-I use it to spray prickley pear because the killer is 100 bucks a gallon (makes 100 gallons) & you don't want to waste any. I would recommend gloves, I looked like a Smurf after the first time I used it.