Dynamo Alternator Upgrade

/ Dynamo Alternator Upgrade #1  

joenchen

Tractor
B2400
HELP HELP HELP.
I am upgrading my wimpy 15 amp alternator and I need the parts to finish the install of a newer " unauthorized" 40 amp model.
I purchased the new alternator on Ebay but I still require these things:

1. Mounting bracket
2. Additional wiring harness
3. Relay
4. New Belt

I called my kubota dealer and Colemans. They dont have a reference to the part number as the upgrade its discontinued. :(

Does anyone have the part numbers or a place to buy these. If any has a upgraded alternator bracket they can copy/fabricate I would purchase from you directly.

/ Dynamo Alternator Upgrade #2  
Model of tractor would be a good place to start.

/ Dynamo Alternator Upgrade
Oops. Its a B2400. I think all the older BX B and L series use the same alternator and need the same parts to upgrade based on the threads I read. I just dont know what they are.

/ Dynamo Alternator Upgrade #5  
my neighbor bought a kubota alternator upgrade kit (also from e-bay) it came with everything needed for several different models (b1700,b2100,b2400,b7500,b2410,b7510,b7610)
However the included wiring harness only has two wires on the modular plug that goes up into the console, the plug will fit but on the existing plug there are 6 wires. He has held off installing the upgrade until he figures out how to combine the new harness (2 wires) with the existing 6 wires.

/ Dynamo Alternator Upgrade #6  
my neighbor bought a kubota alternator upgrade kit (also from e-bay) it came with everything needed for several different models (b1700,b2100,b2400,b7500,b2410,b7510,b7610)
However the included wiring harness only has two wires on the modular plug that goes up into the console, the plug will fit but on the existing plug there are 6 wires. He has held off installing the upgrade until he figures out how to combine the new harness (2 wires) with the existing 6 wires.

If I recall correctly, there where many wires on the dynamo that where not needed for the alternator. I did the upgrade with the kit on my BX 23 and followed the link above, after thoroughly reading it, very simple and a clean install.

/ Dynamo Alternator Upgrade #7  
If I recall correctly, there where many wires on the dynamo that where not needed for the alternator. I did the upgrade with the kit on my BX 23 and followed the link above, after thoroughly reading it, very simple and a clean install.

Thanks for the heads up, I will bring this to the neighbor's attention and print out what I can for him.

/ Dynamo Alternator Upgrade #8  
Check with Messicks, They have always been great when trying find obscure parts, etc...