E OR M Massey?

/ E OR M Massey? #1  

Torvy

Tractor
TYM T574H
Massey owners/fans - Help me understand the difference between these two lines. The website does a poor job of direct comparisons. All I can tell is the M versions have a cab option. Thanks.

Last edited:
   / E OR M Massey?
25 to 50 HP - most likely on the higher end of that. 18xx or 28xx models.

/ E OR M Massey? #4  
Massey owners/fans - Help me understand the difference between these two lines. The website does a poor job of direct comparisons. All I can tell is the M versions have a cab option. Thanks.
I have been looking at MF's lately too. The M is a premium version. The E is the "economy version." For one thing the M's have the joystick for the loader built into the tractor fender and is not mounted as part of the loader. If you are getting a hydro, the M has the two separate fwd/rev pedals instead of the treadle like the Kubotas. If you are not looking at getting a cab on the 28XX M series there are some limitations. For example, the best I can figure you can't buy a 2860M Hydro without a cab. If you add the hydro the configurator automatically puts a cab on it. In the 2855M you can only get shuttle and no hydro. In the 2850M you can get either hydro or shuttle with an open platform. The M series is a little heavier than the E. The three point hitch capacity is a little higher. The 28xxx M with cab come standard with one rear SCV with three total available. The open platform version doesn't have any standard. There are a few other things as well, these are just some I have come across doing a little research lately.

/ E OR M Massey?
Thanks. I didn't look bigger than the 2850. In that one, the loader available for the E version lifts more than the one for the M. I found that odd given that E is generally the lower version. I didn't find some dimensions I wanted to know like height, width, length, wheelbase and minimum ground clearance.

I've seen a few other makes/models also force HST with a cab or vice versa. I am unlikely to get HST.

/ E OR M Massey? #6  
A thought. Go to your Massey dealer and get the Op Manual for the model(s) you are looking at.

/ E OR M Massey?
You are wise and correct... I am often lazy. BTW, you are up very early or very late!

/ E OR M Massey? #8  
Not so wise Torvy - I just know where I go when I need some info.

I'm up early - again. The damn coyotes howling - the little Cocker Spaniel( Brownie ) gets excited. Races around on the bed - barking. So here I am - up at 3:50 with my second cup of coffee. The dog is in the living room - on the davenport - snoring.

/ E OR M Massey? #9  
Not so wise Torvy - I just know where I go when I need some info.

I'm up early - again. The damn coyotes howling - the little Cocker Spaniel( Brownie ) gets excited. Races around on the bed - barking. So here I am - up at 3:50 with my second cup of coffee. The dog is in the living room - on the davenport - snoring.

Sounds like Brownie did his job...you are now up and "on guard duty" so he can now go back to sleep know the property is safe:):)

/ E OR M Massey? #10  
Thanks. I didn't look bigger than the 2850. In that one, the loader available for the E version lifts more than the one for the M. I found that odd given that E is generally the lower version. I didn't find some dimensions I wanted to know like height, width, length, wheelbase and minimum ground clearance.

I've seen a few other makes/models also force HST with a cab or vice versa. I am unlikely to get HST.
Here is the brochure specs for the E series, in case you don't already have it.

Attachments

• E Specs.jpg
    E Specs.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 277