EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple For Kubota B2150

/ EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple For Kubota B2150 #1  

Scar0B2150

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2150 HSD
I want to say a special thanks to Travis @EverythingAttachments for all his help to make this happen!

The B2150 is not a big tractor by any means. So adding a grapple to it meant it had to be as little weight possible, but I wanted one with durability too. Adding a Quick attach system with the additional 100-125 pounds out front was not something I wanted to do. EA's EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple seemed to match my needs with a pin-on option.

Tons of research later on my FEL & Bucket, comparing them to other FELs & buckets. It looked like the LA402 pin configuration was very close if not the same as mine.
With the help of Travis taking measurements, Emails, and phone calls, I determined that the LA402 pin-on was the way to go. So, I ordered an EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple with the LA402 pin-on. It arrived 8 weeks early! LOL just kidding.
This is the day I got it home.
Unloading it with the tractor and clamp-on bucket forks.
G02ab.jpg

There she be in all her Wickedness!
G03.jpg

Removing the bucket and trying the grapple on for the first time.

Boff.jpg

G04.jpg

Whoot! The LA402 pin-on was an exact match!
G05.jpg

I did have to adjust the quick coupler mounting bracket on the loader cross beam for the hoses to work better. I moved it to the right side a bit. Also readjusted the forward hoses from the 3rd function valve. All have good clearances and protection. I also replaced the cotter pins that keep the loader pins in with some round head wire locking pins for faster removal.

/ EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple For Kubota B2150 #2  
Looks muchly gooder-un!

Kinda rare to see a pin-on grapple
surprised-512.png

/ EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple For Kubota B2150 #3  
Thanks for posting the photos! Looks great I hope to hear more about it. I ordered one last week it should be in by the end of the month lol. The photo of it being in your truck with bed cap on it was useful knowing mine will be able to do the same. I thought I may have to borrow a capless truck. I hate taking that cap off or worst yet back on especially if I don’t have to.

/ EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple For Kubota B2150
Ya, a pin-on is the odd ball in the park for sure.

Travis at EA was kind enough to get detailed measurements for me on packing size. My nearest depot for pick up is an hour away, so I needed to know if it would fit with the cap on. It had plenty of clearance all the way around.
My cap is all aluminum so it's light, but still not easy to remove by myself.
Here is a shot of it in the truck. Long wide bed. Can't slide anything on the bed liner, that's why the box is there. Gives it just a bit of slip, but it won't shift around while driving.

G01.jpg

I have posted more Pics in "tractors and wood" thread (page 1738-39) actually using it at my Mom's place.
So far I'm very impressed with it, the Summit 3rd function, and the tractor! 😍

A brush guard for the grill will be in the near future. Had a close call with a branch that did not want to say in the line like all the other good branches. 🤥
I had a lot of work and not much daylight so I didn't get a lot of Pics that day.
Our house is not the same local as our property, which is fenced but not secure enough to leave the tractor there.

Last edited:
   / EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple For Kubota B2150 #5  
Thanks for the info. I also have the summit 3rd function but haven’t installed it yet. I may need to ride with tailgate down as my bed is 6’ but I don’t think that will be a problem. I could strap it. I know a brush guard is going to be on the wish list too. It looks like it may be a busy work year and the tractor is used up north about 3.5 hrs away so I can only get things done ”eventually“. I’m hoping the grapple will save a lot of time and effort. I may just rig up a brush guard until I can get something permanent.

/ EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple For Kubota B2150
You are more then welcome!
55.5 " total length. In the above Pic, that would be front to rear. If you are getting the quick attach version you would not have the Pin-On brackets that add width. But some of it will depend on the actual pallet used for shipping.
My truck cap is cab height. Ford full size.

We are 45 Min from our property. So I totally get what you mean about getting things done ”eventually“.
I'm probably going to Fab up a brush guard using expanded metal and channel iron. It's hard to find things for a 27 year old tractor at a reasonable price.