Early 2000's 2810 Hydraulic Pump

/ Early 2000's 2810 Hydraulic Pump #1  

john15nlt

Tractor
Ford 2000 1969 gas / Ford 4000 1973 Disel
This is a gear pump that sits behind the gear on the engine side, the power steering pump sits forward of the gear/engine. It was literally a beating to get the pump off now that it's off and I can confirm it's bad I went searching for a replacement. I have worked through several different parts and online books only to find that many of the parts labeled as hydraulic are actually power steering. I got hold of a guy today that says the correct part number is TZ3461000A3 for 1100$ and change but he needs the serial number off the engine to make sure he orders the correct one. Either this is or isn't the part number I do not see how a serial number is going to change that.

I have been scouring the internet and it seems a waste to spend that much on a pump that is 13cc and looks very much like many other pumps including this one for a ford/new holland for half the price.

Ebay-TCD35 pump

Surely someone has found a way to cross-reference these pumps to either another tractor or maybe a parker pump which also has some very closely looking pumps. I will spend the money if I have to but on a tractor that is becoming less of a joy and more of a chore to have I am questioning it.

Attachments

• IMG_3908.jpg
    IMG_3908.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
   / Early 2000's 2810 Hydraulic Pump #3  
What about contacting a company that rebuilds gear pumps? Maybe they can find a shaft and get it going for you.

/ Early 2000's 2810 Hydraulic Pump #4  
To cross that pump you need to know the following information.
Shaft size tooth count and pitch
Shaft extension length from mounting face
Mounting pilot diameter and bolt pattern
Direction of rotation.
Approximate displacement
Pressure rating
Operating RPM
Port size and location for direct interchange

With this information you can start trying to find replacement pump from other manufacturers.

My suspicion is metric mount, shaft and ports.

/ Early 2000's 2810 Hydraulic Pump #5  
If you find one out there let us know. I have been waiting for mine to go so I can try and find one with more flow to speed up my loader movements. I think I have found a hydraulic pump only rebuild shop that can help me out. just haven't taken it there yet.

/ Early 2000's 2810 Hydraulic Pump #6  
   / Early 2000's 2810 Hydraulic Pump #7  
This is a gear pump that sits behind the gear on the engine side, the power steering pump sits forward of the gear/engine. It was literally a beating to get the pump off now that it's off and I can confirm it's bad I went searching for a replacement. I have worked through several different parts and online books only to find that many of the parts labeled as hydraulic are actually power steering. I got hold of a guy today that says the correct part number is TZ3461000A3 for 1100$ and change but he needs the serial number off the engine to make sure he orders the correct one. Either this is or isn't the part number I do not see how a serial number is going to change that.

I have been scouring the internet and it seems a waste to spend that much on a pump that is 13cc and looks very much like many other pumps including this one for a ford/new holland for half the price.

Ebay-TCD35 pump

Surely someone has found a way to cross-reference these pumps to either another tractor or maybe a parker pump which also has some very closely looking pumps. I will spend the money if I have to but on a tractor that is becoming less of a joy and more of a chore to have I am questioning it.
I had to replace same pump on my 2910i and you are right it is a chore to remove and reinstall, I did this 3 times, i took a come-along and pry bar to move things so I could have enough room to do job without bending other parts. After searching I found a place called Sid's Trading Co. LLC, 2293 HWY.25, South / PO Box 966, Luka, Mississippi 38852, Phone: (662)-424-0025/(622)279-9622 and it was under $500, this was June 2019 I installed pump and seemed to be stripped, they are metric., I just couldn't keep buying, so I tapped and rethreaded using from Grainger 10mm Black Phosphate steel key locking thread insert with M6x1interal thread 5 to a pack-$27.50, tool to install - $23.00.