EarthForce EF-5 enhancements

/ EarthForce EF-5 enhancements #181  
Re: EF lube replacement-Full Synthetic vs Blend...

Mark:
I think that the guys developing synthetics at those companies actually doing the research were ecstatic when they got to the point that their synthetic was as good as the best petroleum product. I can be argued that some haven't made it yet. The top guys have had about 20 years since then to make the stuff better, so let's hope they have.
I don't know if Mobil 1 is the same stuff as it was originally. The one vehicle I used it in exclusively was an '86 Ford Van. It ran wonderfully for 125,000 miles, except when the Mobil 1 all departed through the intake manifold gasket. My daughter and six other women's college lacrosse players drove 300 miles, stopping and adding four quarts of cheap oil whenever the light came on. I concluded that Mobil 1 had a great talent for escaping, and heard that anecdotally from others. I haven't a clue whether my engine did better with it than it would have with Pep Boys' cheapest.
An insider told me last year that no matter what it says on the car, all the Winston Cup Teams use Mobil 1.
I'll bet Amsoil has some insiders spreading their gospel, as well.

/ EarthForce EF-5 enhancements #182  
Re: EF lube replacement-Full Synthetic vs Blend...

Funny thing, my Amsoil Wholesaler says that Amsoil is in the crankcase of ALL the Indy cars and all Turbine Engines for Jet aircraft. To hear him talk is unbelievable ... yes unbelievable. I am in auto repair, and am an Amsoil Dealer and also stock Mobil 1 - spread the wealth.