Easy BX2200 HST Fan replacement

/ Easy BX2200 HST Fan replacement #1  

DCWilson

Tractor
BX2200
After reading a few posts about changing this thing out, I was a bit leery of getting into this. I already had the floorboard off in conjunction with a hydraulic hose change. I figured while I've got it apart, I'll fix/clean what I can. It turns out that the horror posts about the fan change on the larger tractors really didn't apply to the smaller BX2200. Here's what I did:

-To the rear of the fan (p/n K2561-14250) is a 12mm bolt that tightens the clamp holding the assembly to the input shaft of the HST. Loosen it.

-Now, move to the front of the fan assembly. There you will see two 12mm bolts holding the driveshaft to the fan assembly. Remove them.

-At this point I was able to push the driveshaft toward the engine enough (1/4" to 1/2" maybe) to release it from the fan assembly.

-As the driveshaft pivots near the engine connection, I was able to move the shaft out of the way as far as possible. No need to mess with the engine side of the shaft.

-I used a gear puller to remove the HST fan and adapter, or rear coupling (p/n K2561-14222) from the HST input shaft.

-The fan blade is held to the rear coupling by 2 more 12mm bolts.

-Now to clean everything up and reinstall everything in reverse order.

This wasn't anywhere near as intimidating as it was made out to be.
I hope this helps someone along the way.

/ Easy BX2200 HST Fan replacement #2  
It is much more difficult on later models. I had mine replaced on our BX2200 while it was in for a going over and the cost was not much.

/ Easy BX2200 HST Fan replacement
It is much more difficult on later models. I had mine replaced on our BX2200 while it was in for a going over and the cost was not much.

I knew I forgot something in that post. I do have an older model. I bought it in January 2002. It's a shame they took an easy repair and made it hard.

/ Easy BX2200 HST Fan replacement #4  
I knew I forgot something in that post. I do have an older model. I bought it in January 2002. It's a shame they took an easy repair and made it hard.

It sure is, our BX2660 would be a real bear.