ECHO 330T anybody have or use one?

/ ECHO 330T anybody have or use one? #1  

dex3361

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm
I ordered an ECHO CS330-T top handle saw. I liked the looks of it and I have a few apple trees and about 40 acres of brush to whittle around on. I have a larger saw (Sindawa 488) that I use for firewood. Just wanted the thoughts of others that may have one or used one.

Last edited:
   / ECHO 330T anybody have or use one? #2  
Top handle saws arent my cup-of-tea.

IMO, they arent as safe if all you need is a limbing saw. The top-handle saws are really made for climbing trees to trim them. Being on the ground, a small trim saw (NON-top-handle) is much safer).

That said, echo makes good stuff. So I doubt you will have any issues with it:thumbsup:

/ ECHO 330T anybody have or use one?
Top handle saws arent my cup-of-tea.

IMO, they arent as safe if all you need is a limbing saw. The top-handle saws are really made for climbing trees to trim them. Being on the ground, a small trim saw (NON-top-handle) is much safer).

That said, echo makes good stuff. So I doubt you will have any issues with it:thumbsup:

I have a little Stihl 011 I use for limbing and as a back up. I wanted this one for pruning trees and cutting brush. :thumbsup:

The little Echo arrived today and I put it together and test run it. We had some heavy rain and minor flooding so I may get to test it in a few days. I have to prune the apple trees before the next 2 weeks.

/ ECHO 330T anybody have or use one? #5  
I have the echo and am happy with it.I wish mine had a primer bulb to save cranking after not being used in awhile.My other little saw is a 21 stihl.I wanted the top handle for using on the banks of my lake and the small trees and brush.So far I am impressed with the little echo and hope it works as well for you.

Did some heavy pruning on the apple trees with the new echo 330T and I was not impressed at first. It seemed a little under powered for the first 15 minutes or so. Then it opened up and did pretty well. Its not a big saw but it is light compared to the Shindawa 488 and more ergonomic than the Stihl009. I plan on cutting firewood tomorrow and will see how good it does as a limbing saw,

/ ECHO 330T anybody have or use one? #7  
I've got a similar echo recently (the 360 for a bit more power), it replaced a Stihl 015 that I had for 30 years...So far I like it.

Took the echo back and traded it in on the CS360T for just a few dollars more. Not much of a loss and got 10% more power. I would have got the 360T in the first place but I didn't know they could get it. Its supposed to be here next week. I will try it out when it gets here.

/ ECHO 330T anybody have or use one? #9  
Randall,
did you get the 360 yet? I've been using mine more as the weather improves, still happy with it.

Randall,
did you get the 360 yet? I've been using mine more as the weather improves, still happy with it.

Yes I did and I am glad I traded up. The power increase was noticeable right out of the box. I used it to trim some limbs overhanging the trails. I think this will make a nice addition to the tool collection. I do wish it had a bulb primer though.