Echo CS-7310P Pro Chainsaw: Questions & Thoughts & Things You`ve Done With Yours.

/ Echo CS-7310P Pro Chainsaw: Questions & Thoughts & Things You`ve Done With Yours.
I checked out Baileys and SawAgain, doesn`t look like they`ll be getting any money from me, their prices are quite a bit higher than other places. And charge you shipping on top of your order.

I found another place that has quite a bit cheaper prices, and free shipping on anything you buy from them, and most of what i want, is in stock. They don`t have the 28" Tsurmura or Surguri light weight bar i would like to have. This saw is still new to the industry. It`ll take more time to catch up to the other brands that they make them for. I could get the adapter for the bar so i can run a Stihl bar on it, but i`m not a fan of doing that. (this bar is a D009 tail mount) I`ll post who the other place is AFTER i buy from them. I don`t want to post a link and send people someplace that i haven`t fully checked out to see for myself to make sure they are reputable and with quick service. Basically, i`m saving others the trouble, if they suck.

/ Echo CS-7310P Pro Chainsaw: Questions & Thoughts & Things You`ve Done With Yours. #12  
Here is the stock dyno runs. The 7310 is down on power compared to others and tad heavy. Last in hp and torque.

Great built saw with a great air filter set up.

They take to porting big time if done by right porter.

e7310dd.jpg
e7310dyno.jpg
e7310weight.jpg

/ Echo CS-7310P Pro Chainsaw: Questions & Thoughts & Things You`ve Done With Yours.
Here is the stock dyno runs. The 7310 is down on power compared to others and tad heavy. Last in hp and torque.

Great built saw with a great air filter set up.

They take to porting big time if done by right porter.

View attachment 802692View attachment 802693View attachment 802694
Great post, and thank you!

Yes sir, i knew in stock form it wasn`t the power house like many others out there in its class. And its nice that Echo left alot on the table for others to do wild stuff to these saws, and the dyno results prove that in many videos i`ve seen. The EPA is the killer of these saws. The main reasons i bought the saw was Echo`s reliability and build quality, and its made in Japan, not chy-knaw. And i only paid $849 for the saw brand new a couple weeks ago.

I could have spent twice as much money on a Stihl (which i am a fan of and i own some Stihl saws), but when you look at what your getting in the Echo pro saw, for the money, why would i spend gobbs of money on the Stihl or Husqvarna brand. Not bashing those brands either, both are GREAT saws. It came down to the money, and the Echo brand just made sense, to me, dollar wise. I live on a fixed income, so money matters (the cost of porting this saw isn`t going to happen). I`ve done alot of research on the Echo saws, and there are lots of very happy Echo chainsaw owners out there. I`m still running a 30+yr old Echo weedeater, thats never been torn apart nore updated, to this day! Now thats what i call reliability. I`m pretty sure that this Echo pro chainsaw will surely out live, me, lol.

I have no plans on porting this saw. I`m just an old retired guy cutting small amounts of wood each year, some storm clean up`s occasionally. I`ve got alot of time on my hands and i have no intrest in saw porting just to make the saw run faster/harder. Many have said just a simple muffler mod, tune the carb, wakes these saws up pretty good, but thats about as far as i would go with anything with this saw. I`m just not into the cookie cutter racing.

The best thing i love about the saw, is NO ELECTRONIC carb BS to deal with. I only use the saw at home, no elevation changes, dial the carb in once in a great while and just go to cuttin. I`m old, so old skool ways have never failed me, yet. I`ll leave all the fancy electronics and computerized gadgets to the younger kids. I`ve always found, that a good sharp chain is key, for me.

Do you happen to have any dyno information to prove what a muffler mod does for these Echo CS-7310 saws? That would be more my flavor and intrest.

/ Echo CS-7310P Pro Chainsaw: Questions & Thoughts & Things You`ve Done With Yours. #14  
Echo, like Stihl, have very restrictive mufflers. It's the noise police at work... Myself as well, don't want any electronic bs. Tractors, saws or whatever. Too bad my car has it but then, at least. cars are pretty reliable. Never fiddled with a Husky so I know zip about them other than Tractor Supply sells them, I see them there all the time.

/ Echo CS-7310P Pro Chainsaw: Questions & Thoughts & Things You`ve Done With Yours. #15  
I do like the 'tool less' fuel and oil caps on the Echo's, using the starter handle to unscrew them much better than the Stihl new style caps.

/ Echo CS-7310P Pro Chainsaw: Questions & Thoughts & Things You`ve Done With Yours. #17  
I checked out Baileys and SawAgain, doesn`t look like they`ll be getting any money from me, their prices are quite a bit higher than other places. And charge you shipping on top of your order.
When I purchased the aftermarket non cat muffler for my top handle, they waived the shipping cost.

I do like the 'tool less' fuel and oil caps on the Echo's, using the starter handle to unscrew them much better than the Stihl new style caps.
I showed that feature to my brother the other day when he stopped by, he was grinning ear to ear, we BOTH chuckled about that, lol. He mentioned having to use his skrench on his Stihl out in the woods sometimes, and that sometimes he was unable to gets his hands on it, or it was another trip to the truck to get it. So i told my brother, "well, the pull handle is always gonna be with the saw". We even laughed harder about that.

We put the CS-7310 through some hard work yesterday. The saw is fantastic. Ran right through (2ft & 3ft diameter) walnut and oak like a knife through hot butter. We`ve already noticed that the saw is just starting to wake up just after a few tanks of gas. (we run VP fuel in all our saws, 94 octane) If anyone has any doubts about buying an Echo CS-7310, GET IT, it IS a GREAT saw! I`m a hardcore Stihl guy, this saw changed my mind about the Echo brand. When people tell you these saws are BEASTS, they aren`t lying. The saw is VERY well balanced, VERY comfortable to run. Some say they vibrate, i say they should man up. Its a big saw, its gonna have some vibes. As far as i`m concerned, i`ve run much worse saws that would rattle your ancestors teeth out! It isn`t nearly as bad as some may say it is for vibration. I happen to think its the smoothest vibration free saw i`ve ever run, in its class.

Just a added note, we popped the top cover off to see how much debris was in the air cleaner box and filter after a days worth of sawing....... NOTHING! Its was extremely clean! We went through the saw, checked every fastener in the saw, all still tight, not one thing was found wrong or loose anywhere. Very nice saw, we`ll be getting another one and set it up with a skip tooth just for bucking.

/ Echo CS-7310P Pro Chainsaw: Questions & Thoughts & Things You`ve Done With Yours. #20  
Good grief ! 73cc's ? Holy cow ! My mini bike was 60cc's and my second bike was 100cc's ! A chainsaw with that much power !