Economics of home delivery

/ Economics of home delivery #51  
Yeah they often come from different places, so to get them to you as fast as possible, they come separately. But like I said several posts up, on Amazon you can now select to get all your stuff delivered on Wednesdays in a single delivery. Works well for non-crucial supplies/goods.

I may try the Amazon all in one day delivery. Sometimes I forget to check the porch for multiple deliveries and packages.

I tried the Publix home delivery for a small grocery order recently, as a test in case ever needed. Its really a third party company (Instacart) tied into Publix system. Pretty slick but a little pricey. An order fee, delivery fee, plus shopper/driver tip. And they added 10 percent to each items regular in store price. A $50 order cost about $60. You choose a two hour delivery window.

/ Economics of home delivery #52  
I may try the Amazon all in one day delivery. Sometimes I forget to check the porch for multiple deliveries and packages.

I tried the Publix home delivery for a small grocery order recently, as a test in case ever needed. Its really a third party company (Instacart) tied into Publix system. Pretty slick but a little pricey. An order fee, delivery fee, plus shopper/driver tip. And they added 10 percent to each items regular in store price. A $50 order cost about $60. You choose a two hour delivery window.

I used the Publix delivery this summer when I was in Palm Beach for 4 months. Sure beat schlepping through the store. I loved it.

/ Economics of home delivery #53  
Because they simply cannot make make the connection!
I also hang clothes out to dry!
Who would ever think of that?

You're just ahead of your time, using the "solar dryer".

/ Economics of home delivery #54  
Because they simply cannot make make the connection!
I also hang clothes out to dry!
Who would ever think of that?

Hanging clothes out to dry is pretty commonplace in the next county over from me, but some of them also think possum is “the other white meat” :D

/ Economics of home delivery #55  
...As far as delivery, I'm not talking about convenience... i'm talking about efficiency. And I did say, i don't know because, I really don't know about the economics....
I also don't know the economics but a little food for thought... I don't have to drive around to several stores to find the same stuff. Also, Brick and mortar stores cost money, not only to build but they have to pay taxes every year for each store (in some cities, multiple stores from the same company)..

Paying employees to wait for customers to buy something and having other employees stock the shelves so the (sometimes moronic) customer can find the said product... If all you do is fulfill orders and just delivery them, to customers that are willing to (ultimately) pay more for that convenience... might be a no brainer.

Waiting for the time when Drones can drop my packages off...