EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #11  
Battery equipment is not for everyone... I have a 1 acre property and I am switching to EGO as my gas units wear out.
For me the handhelds are a no brainer, Its the zero turn I cant justify because it cost about $2,000 more than a similar size gas model (depending on what brands you look at)
$2,000 can buy a lot of gas....

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #12  
Whatever. Not in my wheelhouse and never will be, besides I have to change the oil in the tractors so no big deal. I do cordless tools too, in fact I have a nice selection, however, there isn't a cordless tool made that will deliver the torque my Astro Pneumatic Thor Impact wrench delivers, not even close.

Don't care if you mow your lawn with a goat or cut wood with a handsaw. Your money, not mine.

Cordless stuff has it's place, just not at my place.:p

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #13  
One characteristic I noticed using my EGO 24" this morning: When you stop the forward drive, release to turn off the motor(s), and manually pull the snow blower backward, if you feel resistance - typically one wheel locked, you need to give the snow blower a slight push forward to release the wheels. After that it moves easily.

Is there no reverse ?

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #14  
Battery equipment is not for everyone... I have a 1 acre property and I am switching to EGO as my gas units wear out.
For me the handhelds are a no brainer, Its the zero turn I cant justify because it cost about $2,000 more than a similar size gas model (depending on what brands you look at)
$2,000 can buy a lot of gas....
My other issue with both the EGO and the Troy Bilt mowers are they are totally made in China and for the sake of preserving the country, we need to divorce ourselves from Chinese made stuff or soon we will all be eating raw fish with chopsticks. Both my ZTR's were built in Ohio.

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #15  
I hope this isnt your only snowblower or I hope you can shovel your driveway. Typicaly with any blizzard or major snow storm the power can go out also. No power makes for a hard time charging any snow blower.

My neighbor has a 3-4car driveway and has a blue snow "snow joe" I have seen them struggle many 3-4in storms..and that's not including the 4x recharges they have to do.
SnoJoe is crap. I have had three and finailly gave up on them. They credited my account almost $300 but not sure what I can spend it on,

A battery operated blower is handy for clearing the cement pad in front of my garage and the walkways. That was why I wanted one. For light fluffy snow I use a large backpack blower but nice to have something for wet snow or a dump of 6".

I kept my big Ariens blower and glad I did. Bigger than I need but it starts and blows when needed.

DO NOT BUY a SnoJoe.

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #17  
Something else to consider..a few years ago I saw a low hour electric ZTR for sale on marketplace..turns out is has a computer and it went bad. The person listing is said it cost $1000 and was going back to gas equipment. You can buy alot of new carbs for $1000.

If you dont want to maintain another piece of gad equipment consider buying honda equipment. They always start and take little maintenance..then when your ready to sell you have a piece of equipment that's actualy worth something.

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #18  
Golly, as if I have never seen a ZTR with a seized engine! Any modest size mower shop has a few dead engines laying around used for parts before being sold for scrap.

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #19  
Golly, as if I have never seen a ZTR with a seized engine! Any modest size mower shop has a few dead engines laying around used for parts before being sold for scrap.
Having been around ICE powered stuff for over 65 years. My dad and I never had an engine seize. Put the correct mix in a 2-cycle and check the oil on a 4 cycle engine once a month or so and they seem to run. I will trust ICE engines over a battery powered yard machine unless it is a string trimmer or such. I have a battery chainsaw from HF that has been good but I think they stopped carrying batteries for it; so when the battery dies, and it will, I will be junk.

BTW, I tried the Sno Joe battery snow blower. The first one lasted about 15 uses, the second one three or four times and the last one two times before they stopped working. I was able to get a credit but I fear most of their stuff is junk. I will never buy another thing from them. I am trying find things like shovels/scrapers etc to use up the credit.

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #20  
Having been around ICE powered stuff for over 65 years. My dad and I never had an engine seize.
Yup. But you know it happens. My point is that "parts fail and just because a part failed on a battery electric device doesn't mean all battery electric devices are pending failures."
BTW, I tried the Sno Joe battery snow blower. The first one lasted about 15 uses, the second one three or four times and the last one two times before they stopped working. I was able to get a credit but I fear most of their stuff is junk. I will never buy another thing from them. I am trying find things like shovels/scrapers etc to use up the credit.
There is a lot of cheap junk out there, not unique to battery electric tools. Used to be a lot more cheap junk battery electric trimmers than there are today.

To EGo's credit, their stuff tends to work well. The 14" and 16" chainsaws were underpowered but the 18" is a delightful beast.