eHydro Owner's Survey

/ eHydro Owner's Survey #1  

turbo36

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD X739 AWS (3), 2016 Toolcat, JD 2038R
eHydro Owner\'s Survey

From what I understand all the eHydro's have a delay in the movement of the tractor when the pedal is pressed, it appears to be the longest when changing directions.
So who has noticed it and how bad (time in seconds) is your tractor? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ eHydro Owner's Survey #2  
Re: eHydro Owner\'s Survey

Depends on what my "Motion Match" button is set at. On the quick Accelerate/Decelerate setting it's snappy. The closest thing I can equate it to is this... is your car automatic? If so, then you know the delay while you shift from D to R... I find my eHydro delay very similar.

Don't get too hung up on that - I'm sure they are all very similar - but the thing is you also adjust to it as you work with the machine. For example as I'm backing up I may take my foot off of the back pedal and press the forward pedal a second sooner than I would if the response was immediate.

The one thing that's gotten me in trouble once or twice is the Cruise... don't zone out with the cruise on! I did and it scared the bejezzus out of me when I forgot it was on.

/ eHydro Owner's Survey #3  

I second Steve's comment. The epower reversers have a delay as well. Even the geared tractors have a delay from the time you press the clutch, shift gears and let out the clutch.

Jeff

/ eHydro Owner's Survey #4  

Yup!

And my knee don't hurt, sure does with a treadle pedel....

/ eHydro Owner's Survey #5  

I have not even noticed the delay to be bad enough to compain about on the e hydros I drive at work. I don't get why you need such an instant response in the first place. The nice thing about the e hydro is that the linkage will never get mis adjusted so the machine creeps forward like older hydros do even when you think you are in neutral and starting the machine.

/ eHydro Owner's Survey #6  

You got some good answers and ways to address this issue in the other thread ( click here ) you started that contained a similar complaint.