Eicher...

/ Eicher... #1  

JoeinTX

Platinum Member
Tractor
'51 ford 8N
Jus curious as to whether any of you have any experience with the Eicher tractors on the market...? I'm looking for something new and they are, of course, a contender largely on price. But, how are they doing out there in the field? Thanks in advance.....

/ Eicher... #2  
I've wondered this myself. There is a dealer about 45 miles from me that sells these. I think they are air cooled.. and they seem to be just a tad higher on price than jinma tractors.. again though.. I've been able to dig up no real info on them.

Soundguy

/ Eicher... #4  
I didn't find any dealer sites, looks like reliability is an unknown. Not as widespread a network as there is for the chinese tractors.

/ Eicher... #5  
I would definitely stay away from the Eicher. Tennessee Co-Op's tried to sell them for 3-4 years but dropped the dealership. Mt nephew was an equipment salesman for Co-Op and he bought one for his farm. These tractors have old technology which includes slow hydraulics, difficult starting etc.
He sold the tractor after using it for one year.

/ Eicher... #6  
Define old technology and slow hyds.

Look at most MF tractors from the 90's and back... same technology used since the 60's ( and a great solid tractor).

heck ford stuck with the thousand series for decades as well.. not many changes... you can see them in the farmtracs design.. etc.

Hyd volume / displacement? for running the 3pt it shouldn't take much.. my old 8n has a 2.85gpm/1700psi ( @ 2000rpm) pump.. I'm pretty sure that is on the bottom side / red headed stepchild area of tractor hyds. I'm guesisng the chineese units have more capacity.. etc.

What was the hard starting issue?

( just curious.. not reputing your opinion.. ) It's obvious not much is known about the eicher by looking at the archives, and the small amount of posts concerning them.

Soundguy

/ Eicher... #7  
Joe,
What are you doing here? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Btw, original, German, Eicher is good /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 515347-Eicher 2.JPG
    515347-Eicher 2.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 288
   / Eicher... #8  
BTW, this one is for sale.

Attachments

• 515351-Eicher 1.JPG
    515351-Eicher 1.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 343
   / Eicher... #9  
I was not referring to the old Eicher as found in the attachment. About 7-8 years ago many Co-Ops in TN begin selling the Eicher to have something with their haying equipment. If memory serves me correctly there were only three models rated at approx. 30, 40, 50hp range. These tractors were red and looked similiar to the Belarus. The tractor that my nephew had was in the 40hp range with loader. The loader response was very slow and the tractor was difficult to start at temps. below 40 degrees F.
I do not know of a Co-Op in TN still selling these. I know of one local Co-Op that the tractors sit for two years.
They may be an excellent but I was repeating what I heard and observed.

/ Eicher... #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( had was in the 40hp range with loader. The loader response was very slow )</font>
The extra info clears it up a bit. When your first post just claimed 'slow hyds'.. I was thinking 3pt hyds.. Slow hyds and loader.. that makes more sense.. Loader rams take much more oil than a 3pt hitch ram.

Soundguy