electric clutch options for an Ariens 931000 GT

/ electric clutch options for an Ariens 931000 GT #1  

Duckdogs

Tractor
Kioti CK30
I suspect my clutch is bad but not sure. I had an ignition switch fail while mowing and then later the interlock module failed when I switched on the pto.
Can anyone tell me the specs for one? The factory manual shows the coil should have .3 to .5 Ohms resistance. Mine has 3 Ohms. That would indicate a failed clutch but I wonder if the .3 is a misprint.

Anyone care to test theirs? I think most of the 931000 Garden Tractors take the same clutch.

/ electric clutch options for an Ariens 931000 GT #2  
A lot seem to end up at 3 OHMs . I also take and do an amp draw test to see what I'm up against. Normally I see a PTO clutch that is over budget it will damage the PTO switch itself. It is worth looking at, but there may be other issues. Also check your charging system for abnormally high output or more than residual AC output, grounds etc. You haven't been jump starting the tractor have you?

/ electric clutch options for an Ariens 931000 GT
No jump starting, So you think 3 Ohms is Ok?

/ electric clutch options for an Ariens 931000 GT #4  
Not necessarily. You could check spec right from the clutch manufacturer. Warner has a clutch manual that used to be readily available in the net which may be helpful. Their specs if I recall is a 2.9 OHM reject. If I saw a meter set up that told me I had 3 OHMs, I wouldn't necessarily tell someone they needed a 2,3, 400$ clutch without doing more checking , a draw test or maybe reset the air gap. Resetting the gap can help with engagement but it isn't going to help a clutch pass a resistance test.