Electric fence charger sizing for 30 acres and a dog.

/ Electric fence charger sizing for 30 acres and a dog. #11  
Not a fan of HT fence for horses, chance of injury too high. Seems to work for cattle, not at all for goats. I prefer any kind of woven wire, the 2x4 horse fence is great if you can afford it. A woven wire fence with a hot strand on top and one down fairly low should keep dogs in and most unwanted critters out, if the fence is tight and close to the ground. From a long time fence user and ag agent. Put up more fence and taken down more fence that I want to remember.

/ Electric fence charger sizing for 30 acres and a dog. #12  
Thanks for the advice. I am still learning the ins and outs of fencing. So, with that said, what exactly is 2x4 Wire horse fence?
Since horses like to put their feet in woven fence and then get tangled up in in, which causes massive injuries to them, the opening for the fence is limited to 2inches by 4 inches. Goats like to put their heads through the fence and catch their horns in it so they can't get out, so you can't use anything with an opening bigger then 4x4.

I don't know of a more expensive fence to build, but I'm thinking it will be the last fence that I'll have to build, and I wont have goats escaping from it once it's done. I also have a lot of wild hogs here, and I want to keep them off of my land.

It comes in 200 foot rolls and is currently selling for $300 a roll. It's a lot thicker and stronger then 2x4 welded wire, which is half the price. I'm putting my T posts every ten feet, and a wood post set in concrete every 100 feet.

366737567_10231046662852688_2067351694095784_n.jpg

370350060_10231178403146113_6693445542517145788_n.jpg

/ Electric fence charger sizing for 30 acres and a dog. #13  
Isn't the horse fence woven rather than welded wire? (Honest question, I'm not sure).
The 2x4 welded is a lot thinner wire and it breaks apart fairly easily. It's also a lot cheaper, which is why I used it for my dog yard. That was a huge mistake since I have 6 Akita's that jump on the fence every time they see something outside the fence that they want to "play" with. I've had to replace it with 2x4 woven horse fence, which is night and day thicker. Now, that's all I'm buying. Cheaper is always more expensive in the long run!!!!

/ Electric fence charger sizing for 30 acres and a dog. #14