Electric PTO Switch

/ Electric PTO Switch #1  

Ronster

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X739, Kubota U27-4, Kubota RTV 500
For those of you that have an electric PTO switch, do you find the PTO engages smoothly or instantly like your foot slipped off the clutch? My concern is related to the 1428/1528 models. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Electric PTO Switch #2  
Ronster, I have a 1433 and when using my RFM , I like to idle it down so when I twist the button it doesn't hit it so hard...

I like the way the old massey 135 lets you control how easy or hard you want it to come in...

So , I guess my answer is it comes in pretty quick /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Electric PTO Switch
That's what I was afraid of. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif The MF literature says the PTO switch is electro/hydro. I suppose I need to see if a dealer is willing to hook up a mower to the rear and let me see what happens. Another person on the forum suggested going with a clutch on the Bush Hog instead of a shear pin. His JD with an electric PTO switch starts the mower too fast and breaks shear pins. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Electric PTO Switch #4  
I have a MF 1240 with the electro-hyd PTO, I like it. I bush hog a lot with a 5' cutter and as long as the engage RPM's are kept low there is no problem at all. I start the BH in the raised position at about 700 RPM idle and its pretty smooth. Its sure a convenience. I personally think a lot of the jerking problems come from hitting the switch at higher RPM's or when the attachment is under a load.

/ Electric PTO Switch #5  
While I am not sure about the 1528, I know the 1533 and larger tractors have a button beside the PTO switch the allows you to choose softer engagment. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Electric PTO Switch
That's a good idea. I don't know why they don't put it on the 1528. I think the 1528 is just an ON/OFF knob.

/ Electric PTO Switch #7  
I think the 1533 is alot more tractor for a little more money compared to the 1528. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif