electric top link

/ electric top link
Thanks to All and especially Jinman- looks like it should work.

Oldstuff

/ electric top link #12  
tried the link but get an error. do you remember the manufacture/model info?

/ electric top link #15  
Well despite the OLD thread, the same options for an electrical top link seem to be available and I'm looking through them. My only question is, would they stand up to pressures since hydraulics can compress a bit when extended (for good reason). Also would hate to miss out on a hydraulic solution with float valves on my 3 point. Its awesome on the FEL.

/ electric top link #16  
You might consider using a modified trailer electric tongue jack. Lifts 4000# but not sure about tension. Relatively inexpensive.

/ electric top link #17  
I saw a YouTube video just last night of a grapple with an electric operated cylinder to close the "lid". Lots of extreme forces on that top link application tho. dunno of any.

/ electric top link #18  
I don't know about an electric top link and doubt a simple actuator would be up to the task, however, there is something called Hydraulink.

It's basically an hydraulic top link that doesn't use any remotes. It allows you to adjust the length by simply opening a valve up top, pull or push the rod to the desired length and lock the valve. It stays in the position. It also has the ability to flow if one leaves the valve open.

/ electric top link #19  
it's been awhile but a grapple manufacturer was offering an electric version to avoid hydraulics. Might be worth looking at their actuator.

Edit: oops, foggy beat me to it.

/ electric top link #20  
The forces on a toplink of even a CUT can be huge. It must endure jerking, vibration and dust. A manual toplink is simple and robust. An electric would be cumbersome, slow, fragile and weak.