Elongated Holes

/ Elongated Holes #32  
Thanks. I buy a lot on ebay, but I never thought of looking for super lube there

Ernie, I got my last Super lube at Fastenal..... I got them to order it. Now I use Fluid film I got it at the Indiana Lowes..... jim

/ Elongated Holes #33  
Johara1, just a few comments on the lubes. SuperLube is recommended by the machine manufacturer (although over the years, the product seems to have split between two companies). SuperLube is a synthetic lubricant that was made in a laboratory to specifically to be slippery and bond to surfaces of moving parts providing protection against friction and wear in industrial machinery.

As opposed to Fluid Film which seems to be a natural lanolin based product designed and primarily marketed to prevent corrosion and it happens to be slippery when you handle it. But there is a big difference between rubbing it between your finders and what happens in the bearing of a hydraulic cylinder with literally tons of pressure on it when it moves. They don't give any specs as to any approvals for load carrying capabilities and mention items like door and hood latches. I could not find any recommendations to use it in any high load applications like hydraulic cylinder bearings.

Just my opinion, you might want to use caution on what the long term effects will be.

https://www.super-lube.com/Content/...nical_Data_Sheet_Multi_Use_Oil_w_Syncolon.pdf

/ Elongated Holes #34  
Ernie, I got my last Super lube at Fastenal..... I got them to order it. Now I use Fluid film I got it at the Indiana Lowes..... jim

Thanks Jim , I found some on ebay located in Johnstown so I bought a case. How do you think it compares to Fluid film?
Ernie

/ Elongated Holes #35  
I think Fluid film has more lubricity, BMW uses it..lol.... jim

/ Elongated Holes #36  
I am intrigued. I always used to use Fluid Film as an underbody rust preventative. I didn't realize that it had any lubricity.

Live and learn. Thanks for sharing!

All the best,

Peter

/ Elongated Holes #37  
I am intrigued. I always used to use Fluid Film as an underbody rust preventative. I didn't realize that it had any lubricity.

All the best,

Peter

There is a guy up the road that is a big deal on ford truck rear ends and he does this roller blade thing and the little bearings are quite expensive and don't last very long. he made a set up to inject Fluid film in the caged bearings and the lasted all summer...... He got the idea from BMW when they had him over at the plant for some reason and yes he did mention that they dipped the bodies in it also..... jim

/ Elongated Holes #38  

All the best,

Peter

I didn't realize that either. I use fluid film to coat things im trying to protect from rust, and super lube for lubrication. I'v also found something thats more waxy feel to it, that i can't remember the name of. I'll have to check out the fluid film as lube.

/ Elongated Holes #39  
Fluid film has other qualities... after I clean out my deck for the winter I spray it with fluid film the slides on the back of the deck I have used both Super lube and fluid film... both work both are a great product but fluid film seems to stay softer like grease more than the super lube..... jim

/ Elongated Holes #40  
I didn't realize that either. I use fluid film to coat things im trying to protect from rust, and super lube for lubrication. I'v also found something thats more waxy feel to it, that i can't remember the name of. I'll have to check out the fluid film as lube.

Woolwax?