emachineshop.com

/ emachineshop.com #2  
they also have the same thing for PCB's and SLA/FDM prototypeing

/ emachineshop.com #3  
Most people I know that need a part don't have the skills necessary to design it to a point that it will come out the way they want it. That depends on the complexity of the part, no doubt, but is mostly true. Those that do know how to design a close tolerance part, learned to do it the hard way and usually building it isn't the problem. Finding the right tolerances in itself is a chore, too much, it will wear too soon and you have to go back to the drawing board. Too tight and you have an assembly problem or lube acess problem, or depending on the metals, a galling problem.
Parts that don't require things to be within a few thousandth's (.001) and are in the 1/8 to 1/4 inch tolerance don't apply to what I am talking about. Those types of parts generally can be manufactured in a fab shop, not a machine shop.
No doubt there are many of you that can design a part for something, but do you want to give away your great idea for someone else to grab a patent on it, just to get it built?
David from jax

/ emachineshop.com #4  
I checked out the e-machines stuff a year or more ago. They wanted a frigging mint to get it done. Quote was over 500 bucks. Local shop did the work while I waited for $50. Buyer beware....

jb

/ emachineshop.com #5  
john_bud said:
I checked out the e-machines stuff a year or more ago. They wanted a frigging mint to get it done. Quote was over 500 bucks. Local shop did the work while I waited for $50. Buyer beware....

jb

I did the same thing!!. I downloaded EMACHINES free software , designed the parts I needed and submitted the design for a quote. :eek: . The price was a DAME joke... even ordering quanity the price was still unbelievable!! I deleted their software right the **** off my computer!!.:mad: