Emax 25 hst hard to start when cold

/ Emax 25 hst hard to start when cold #11  
The eMax has a Daedong (kioti) engine and from what I've seen of some local Kioti's, they are a little reluctant when it comes to cold starting. The Daedong is a super Diesel engine, very well made and long lasting, but it just doesn't seem to like cold starts.

The Max (made by Mitsubishi) has the Mitsu engine which are super starters in cold.

/ Emax 25 hst hard to start when cold #12  
The eMax has a Daedong (kioti) engine and from what I've seen of some local Kioti's, they are a little reluctant when it comes to cold starting.
My Kioti (Daedong) starts great in the cold.
It can often sit for weeks, go out to plow snow , cycle the glow plugs one time and it starts right up at 0* (stored in an unheated pole barn)

/ Emax 25 hst hard to start when cold #13  
The couple I know here start ok, but they need to be warmed before trying. They will start cold but take some considerable turning before they do. Even with 2-3 plug cycles. They always go cold but it takes some patience and a good battery. Warm them up somehow, much better. These are both CK20's if it makes a difference.

The Mitsu, on the other hand 1-2 turns of the engine and it's off. Much different than the Kioti.

/ Emax 25 hst hard to start when cold #14  
Anyone using a battery warmer?

/ Emax 25 hst hard to start when cold #15  
The couple I know here start ok, but they need to be warmed before trying. They will start cold but take some considerable turning before they do. Even with 2-3 plug cycles. They always go cold but it takes some patience and a good battery. Warm them up somehow, much better. These are both CK20's if it makes a difference.

The Mitsu, on the other hand 1-2 turns of the engine and it's off. Much different than the Kioti.
Not sure why CK 20's would be different, but I have none of those issues with my DK 35.
Turn on the key, let the glow plug light go out and it starts right up, every time.