Enclosed Trailer Brands?

/ Enclosed Trailer Brands? #11  
I had a Haulmark 24' and now have a 28' Haulmark. It is 9 years old and don't have a clue on how many miles. It ahs been a good trailer. I am curious about the 14000gvw. Is this a 3 axle. I thuoght they only did tandems up to 10,000.
Bill

/ Enclosed Trailer Brands? #12  
Common 5 lug axles go up to 3.5K. 6 lugs go 5.2K and 6K. 8 luggers are 7K so yes, you can get a tandem in 14K GVWR.

Chris

/ Enclosed Trailer Brands?
Diamondpilot is correct. Actually, some brands offer to use 8000# axles, but not sure what the bolt pattern would be.

Hooked on HP. Man, we are just about neighbors! I live in Shorewood. How's the new water tower looking in CC?

/ Enclosed Trailer Brands? #14  
Water tower looks good. I live about 2 miles south of it so I see it every day. Did you work on it?
Bill

Bill,

Well I did not work on it per se, but one of my crews painted it.:)

Marty

/ Enclosed Trailer Brands? #16  
For our Scout Troop, we bought a Pace 14' 7000lb trailer. We've towed it out of state a couple times on big campouts. Towed it a number of times locally(we camp out every month). It has been great.

Smaller than what you are looking for, but I know they make big ones.

/ Enclosed Trailer Brands? #17  
Marty I have what may be a dumb question. Why did the paint the water tower with a roller? Is this common pratice. I could see worrying about over spray in town but out in a corn field.
Bill

Robert,

We looked at Pace. Very nice trailers but they are too pricey. 40% higher than the numbers I am seeing.

Bill,

Overspray from rollers can travel a long ways, and from spray guns the particles are even finer and can go over a mile. One little wind shift and VIOLA! you painted half the town.:(

In addition, we get around 95% usage out of a gallon of paint when rolled vs. 70-80% sprayed. The finish coat on that project was $355/ gallon. You do the math! LOL;)

Marty