Engine error light 1538

/ Engine error light 1538 #11  
Well the code that I was able to retrieve was P1801. Gave that to my dealer's service manager and he contacted his Mahindra rep. Rep asked how did you get that before the TSB? Anyway they had me bring it in for an ECU reprogram. It seems that the key needs to be on for 5-8 seconds before starting for the ECU to complete the boot sequence. If done too many times it errors out and throws the CEL. We will see if this corrects it.

Don't know if it's right for Mahindra but I get "Transmission Clutch Interlock Safety Switch Open Circuit" when I searched that code on the Internet.

/ Engine error light 1538
Don't know if it's right for Mahindra but I get "Transmission Clutch Interlock Safety Switch Open Circuit" when I searched that code on the Internet.

Yea, everything I saw on the web with that code was the same. I removed the and the base between the fenders and looked for any swithes / wires that I might have gotten water in and of course found nothing. Did notice that the hydraulic fluid was a little low so I topped that off. There is a little leakage at the quick connects on the front of the loader for the grapple. Since I've not heard from the service manager yet, it will probably be tomorrow before I can pick it up.

/ Engine error light 1538
Picked up the tractor yesterday and all is good again. In addition to clearing the CEL, as Dickfoster commented, the temperature gauge actually shows a bar soon after starting. Back to putting this thing to work.

/ Engine error light 1538 #14  
Picked up the tractor yesterday and all is good again. In addition to clearing the CEL, as Dickfoster commented, the temperature gauge actually shows a bar soon after starting. Back to putting this thing to work.

Since they reflashed the ECU to fix my inop temp gauge, mine settles out around half scale after getting up to normal operating temp or about where you'd expect it to run.

/ Engine error light 1538 #15  
Hello? Is anyone still alive in this thread? I'm curious to meet the group of you guys (DickFoster, Metalcaster and whomever else). Anyhow, I have a 2016 1538 HST Cab and I had my tractor throw the "Engine System Failure or Malfunction Indicator" light on my dash. The tractor has 840 Hours on it, has been serviced in the past however what happened recently was I was snow blowing up here in Northern Ontario Canada and suddenly my power reduced drastically. This returned to normal and everything went along for a day...then it happened again and this time it returned to full power when I reduced power but slowed again. The dash light lit up, I shut off the machine and after a little while started it the light cleared. Away I went and used it for a bit and the power loss came again and so did the light. Now the light was on continuously each time I started the tractor.
Anyways, upon checking things under the hood I found that my DOC can and the exhaust bolts were missing? The DOC canister and exhaust pipe were flopping around! I though hmm wow ok and re bolted them up and expected a change to the tractor but it still has these issues. My friend has an OBD reader and we connected it and didn't get any codes (assuming not all OBD's work). Anyways the tractor finally was delivered to the dealer and they found pine needles in the fuel line and fuel filter is somewhat dirty. We're thinking that this will be the fix but I'm skeptical! Also my float feature isn't working (if you push forward on the joystick it will totally lift the implement?). They said they'll replace a part for that feature at 250 dollars Canadian.
I'm hoping my tractor has the flashed ECU you guys are talking about! Can I buy a certain OBD reader and use it successfully on my tractor?

Thanks Roger.

/ Engine error light 1538 #16  
Hello? Is anyone still alive in this thread? I'm curious to meet the group of you guys (DickFoster, Metalcaster and whomever else). Anyhow, I have a 2016 1538 HST Cab and I had my tractor throw the "Engine System Failure or Malfunction Indicator" light on my dash. The tractor has 840 Hours on it, has been serviced in the past however what happened recently was I was snow blowing up here in Northern Ontario Canada and suddenly my power reduced drastically. This returned to normal and everything went along for a day...then it happened again and this time it returned to full power when I reduced power but slowed again. The dash light lit up, I shut off the machine and after a little while started it the light cleared. Away I went and used it for a bit and the power loss came again and so did the light. Now the light was on continuously each time I started the tractor.
Anyways, upon checking things under the hood I found that my DOC can and the exhaust bolts were missing? The DOC canister and exhaust pipe were flopping around! I though hmm wow ok and re bolted them up and expected a change to the tractor but it still has these issues. My friend has an OBD reader and we connected it and didn't get any codes (assuming not all OBD's work). Anyways the tractor finally was delivered to the dealer and they found pine needles in the fuel line and fuel filter is somewhat dirty. We're thinking that this will be the fix but I'm skeptical! Also my float feature isn't working (if you push forward on the joystick it will totally lift the implement?). They said they'll replace a part for that feature at 250 dollars Canadian.
I'm hoping my tractor has the flashed ECU you guys are talking about! Can I buy a certain OBD reader and use it successfully on my tractor?

Thanks Roger.
I've been following this thread and I'll add my 2 cents. I bought a 1533 gear new from a dealer who has since dropped the Mahindra line. Out of warranty, the MIL light started flashing and has been every start up for over a year. I have not experienced the power loss that appears to be a "limp in mode". Having a few scan tools, I tried each and always pulled the P1801 code that, even the high priced scanner does not define. The Google definition related to a transmission is, I believe, a Hyundai OEM code and will not apply to other makes. I use the generic OBDII setting and let it autoscan to connect to the correct protocol. An out of state dealer told me about a problem with the EGR and, on a hunch, I changed the valve, a very expensive mistake. An in state dealer warned about giving the ECU a few seconds to boot up before engaging the starter. even though glow plug operation would probably be warranted in the sub-tropical climate here. To my knowledge, this is the only Bosch ECU application that has this requirement. Like Dick Foster, I also looked at the ECT sensor and bench tested both the sensor and thermostat. Thermostat was spot on and the sensor returned plausible information which I have charted. Conclusion, the ECU needs the reflash. I am able to connect the scan tool for live data with some being plausible and some worthless. What ever is turning on the P1801 code is a continuous fault code and it doesn't clear when codes are cleared. I have purposely introduced other faults to verify that the scan tool does indeed clear codes when commanded and all will clear except the P1801. BTW, tinkering with the EGR also set the amber trouble light. Because my P1801 appears with KOEO, it can't be related to rail pressure unless it is a mode 10 code that will not clear with a clear code command from the scanner.
My latest project was to identify all the circuits and wire colors at the ECU to use in future diagnostics and to identify exactly what inputs and outputs are connected. Any comments or corrections to my observations will be a welcomed help.